The program will also feature top representatives of international communities and global strategists to explore the future of democracy at home and abroad. Speakers will discuss the populist movements threatening established political parties around the world and why some countries are slipping into authoritarianism.
Confirmed speakers include:
• Gérard Araud, Ambassador of France
• Ron Dermer, Ambassador of Israel
• John D. Negroponte, Vice Chairman, McLarty Associates; Former Director of National Intelligence and Ambassador to Honduras, Iraq, Mexico, the Philippines and the United Nations
• Leon Panetta, Chairman, The Panetta Institute for Public Policy; Former Secretary of Defense and CIA Director
• Sergio Silva Do Amaral, Ambassador of Brazil
More speakers to be announced.
This event will be streamed live at wapo.st/democracyfuture.
Wednesday July 11, 2018
9:30 AM – 11:00 AM (Doors open at 9:00 AM)
The Washington Post Live Center
1301 K Street NW, Washington, DC 20071
This event is presented by Democracy Fund Voter Study Group.