Developments in real estate in the Washington area:

* Guarantee Mortgage Corp. recently leased 2,100 square feet of space in the Maryland Trade Center in Greenbelt. The firm has its main office in Kensington and a branch in Northern Virginia.

* Scientific Atlanta, an electronics manufacturing and marketing firm, has leased 6,400 square feet of space at Washington Business Park in Lanham.

* The World Bank has sublet over 80,000 square feet of space at 1722 I St. NW from the law firm of Sidley Austin.

* Mr. and Mrs. U. G. "Blackie" Auger recently sold an investment property at 1118 22nd St. NW for $1.2 million cash to James and Theodore Pedas. The transaction also involved property at 1117-23 17th St. NW.

* An apartment building at 1705-29 East Capitol St. SE was sold recently for $343,644 to Capitol Hill Manor Limited Partnership by Albert F. Adams and others.

* N.H. Keiser recently sold a professional office building at 1761-63 N St. NW for $500,000 to Middle East Institute.

* Otis Elevator Co. recently sold its building at 465 School St. SW for $2.2 million to Oasis Development Corp. The seller took back a one-year, 9 percent note for $1.8 million.

* Developer William Draiman recently obtained over $1.5 million in financing for construction of the Gude Park East retail and warehouse building at 51 E. Gude Drive in Rockville. The one-story steel frame facility will contain 58,507 square feet of net rentable floor space on a 116,611 square-foot parcel of property, with parking space for 100 cars. Construction began in December and completion is scheduled for June, 1982.

* Coakley & Williams Inc. has moved its corporate offices to the new Maryland Trade Center Building at 7500 Greenway Center Drive in Greenbelt. The center is now fully occupied. Other tenants include OAO Corp., Storer Communications, Manufacturers Hanover Trust Corp., Coopers & Lybrand, Micro Temps and Systems Engineering Laboratories.

* Firestone Tire & Rubber Co. has announced that it has leased a 150,000-square-foot building in the Fairgrounds Distribution Center in Henrico County. The company said it will use the warehouse to supply its dealers and stores in eight states and the District of Columbia with tires and automotive parts. Firestone is leasing the building from LCM & Associates. The company has taken a seven-year lease with options to renew for eight more years. Construction of the $2.6 million warehouse was begun in the fall, with completion expected by early March. The company expects to begin operations at the center by employing about two dozen people.