Recent developments in commercial real estate in the Washington area:
* A 10-story, 55,000-square-foot building at 601 Indiana Ave. NW has been sold by Jerome S. Murray to the United Services Organizations Inc. for about $4 million. The USO plans to renovate the property for use as its headquarters.
* Four firms have leased space in the Concord Building at 10605 Concord St. in Kensington. The tenant leasing the most space is Hodge, Hart & Ewing Inc., a general insurance company. The others are Benjamin/Clark Associates, a new fire safety consulting firm; Space Savers Systems Inc., a filing and storage company, and Expo Systems Inc., a manufacturer of modular exhibits.
* Alanthus Data Communications, a division of M/A-Com Corp., has sublet 6,000 square feet in the Lancaster Building in McLean. Alanthus, a company that leases and services telecommunications equipment and terminal systems, has headquarters in Rockville and 63 offices around the country.
* Racal Security, a distributor of infrared and microwave sensor equipment in the United States, Canada and Latin America, has announced plans to move its headquarters to a 27,000-square-foot building in Frederick from its present location in Rockville.
* Floor Concepts Inc., a commercial flooring supplier, has leased 6,000 square feet at 11407 Frederick Ave. in Beltsville.
* Julien J. Studley Inc., a commercial real estate firm with offices in the District and Bethesda, has opened an office at 8200 Greensboro Dr. in McLean. The firm also has offices in New York, Boston, Miami, Chicago, Houston and Los Angeles.
* Schuyler, Banner, Birch, McKie and Beckett, a law firm, has leased 20,000 square feet at One Thomas Circle NW. The firm--the first to lease space in the 250,000-square-foot building--will relocate on Oct. 1 from 1000 Connecticut Ave. NW.
* Family Entertainment Centers Inc., a franchisee of Chuck E. Cheese's Pizza Time Theater, has leased 4,000 square feet at 751 Rockville Pike in Rockville for its corporate offices.
* Datacrown Inc., a computer services firm, has moved into a 71,000-square-foot facility at 12401 Columbia Pike in Silver Spring. The Canadian firm is a subisidiary of Crown Life Insurance Co.
* Advanced Radio Communications Inc., a mobile radio and telephone firm known as Metrocall, plans to build a 22,000-square-foot headquarters at 6629 Jefferson Davis Hwy. in Fairfax County. The company will move its offices from 5560 Edsall Rd. in Alexandria.