The GT Group of Alexandria said last week that it had received zoning approval from the Fairfax County Board of Supervisors for an industrial, office and hotel development in the Dulles Industrial Aerospace Park. The project will include six free-standing industrial buildings, two six-story office buildings with a total of 1.4 million square feet of space and a 200-room hotel.
The GT Group consists of GT Realty and Management, GT Construction Co. Inc. and GT Warehousing. Its most recent project was the GT Metro Business Park in Alexandria.
Recent developments in commercial real estate in the Washington area:
* Eisinger/Kilbane & Associates and the Huguely Co. have entered into a joint venture agreement to develop the Seneca Corporate Center, a 45-acre office park to be located in Gaithersburg, Md. Construction, which is expected to yield about 800,000 square feet of office space, will be completed in the late 1980s. Plans for the park also include tennis courts, a 1.5-mile exercise track and a lake.
* The Rail Co. has leased 15,000 square feet of space at Four Skyline Place near Bailey's Crossroads.
* The National Abortion Rights Action League has leased 5,000 square feet of space at 1424 K St. NW.
* Waste Management Inc. has leased 2,277 square feet at Capital Gallery, which is located at 600 Maryland Ave. SW. Also at Capital Gallery, the Engineering Societies Commission on Energy has leased 3,658 square feet.
* Hines Industrial Ltd. has leased 1,974 square feet of space at 1000 Wilson Blvd.
* CPT Corp., a high technology firm, has signed a 10-year lease with 1300 N. 17th St. Associates for over 15,000 square feet of space at that address.
* Moving Comfort, a manufacturer of women's athletic wear, will move its corporate headquarters at the end of this month to a larger facility at 5412 Eisenhower Ave. in Alexandria. The company currently has its offices at 890-G S. Pickett St., also in Alexandria.
* Evaulation Research Corp. has leased 24,000 square feet of space at Crystal Square Five in Crystal City. At the same location, Gould Inc. has also leased 24,000 square feet.
* Airflow Co. has purchased a 73,000-square-foot manufacturing facility in Frederick from the American Chain and Cable Co. The facility, which is located on 15 acres near the Frederick Municipal Airport, will be used to manufacture Airflow's Data Center Air Conditioners.
* U.S. Air has sublet 17,000 square feet of space in Crystal City from the General Services Administration. The airline said it planned to install a computer facility there.
* Construction began recently on a 170-unit, four-story apartment building in Arnold, Md. The College Parkway Place project, which is being developed by Thomas P. Harkins Inc. for the Arnold Limited Partnership of Baltimore, will consist of rental units constructed under Section 8 of the Department of Housing and Urban Development's Housing Assistance Payments Program. Eligible tenants will pay up to 25 percent of their income in rent and HUD will pay the remainder to the owner of the complex.