Recent agreements by international lending and financial institutions: Export-Import Bank
* The bank announced that effective immediately, the interest rate on its loan programs will be lowered to the maximum allowable level under the International Arrangement on Export Credits. The rate will range from 10 percent for loans to relatively poor countries to 12.15 percent for loans to relatively rich nations. World Bank
* A $9 million credit to Sri Lanka to help finance a forest resources development project.
* A $7.8 million credit to Bangladesh for training business management personnel.
* A $16 million credit to Nepal to assist with the second phase of an irrigation project. Inter-American Development Bank
* A private placement of 250 million Austrian schillings in Austria. Equal to approximately $15 million, the placement carries an annual interest rate of 8.625 percent.
* A public offering of 150 million Dutch guilders of its 10 year bonds in the Netherlands. The issue, equal to approximately $57.3 million, will carry an annual interest rate of 8 percent and was placed at par.
* A private placement of 150 million Swiss francs of its seven-year notes in Switzerland. The issue, equal to approximately $75.4 million, carries an annual interest rate of 6.125 percent and was placed at par. Asian Development Bank
* A $25 million concessional loan to Pakistan to promote livestock development in Sind province.
* An $87 million loan to Thailand for a natural gas transmission project designed to help that country reduce its import bill.
* A $45 million loan to augment the foreign exchange resources of the private development corporation of the Philippines and to enable it to meet its foreign currency requirements during the next two years.
* An $11 million concessional loan and technical assistance to Papua New Guinea to finance the foreign exchange costs of development projects.
* A public offering of 20 billion yen of Asian Development Bank bonds. The offering, equal to approximately $85 million, will have an annual coupon rate of 7.8 percent and was issued at par. Organization of American States
* Grants totaling $684,000 to 10 Caribbean nations. The grants include a $178 million, 10-nation study for renewable energy production; a $131,000 project on natural resources utilization in Trinidad and Tobago; An $89,000 agricultural project in Grenada; a $224,000 land-evaluation project in Santa Lucia and a $61,000 project to aid local governments in Jamaica.