The Forte Group of Creative Companies has established a new corporate headquarters at 601 Madison St. in Alexandria. The visual and graphic communications firm is leasing half of the new four-story facility, which contains 14,000 square feet of space with below ground parking.
Four of the group's five locally based divisions will move into the new headquarters, while the Camera Graphics division will remain at and expand in the group's former headquarters building at 1027 North Royal St. in Alexandria.
Forte Group's other divisions in Baltimore and Cleveland will not be affected by the move.
Other recent developments in commercial leasing in the Washington metropolitan area:
* The Department of Defense has subleased 67,000 square feet of space on the top three floors of 400 Army-Navy Dr. from the Institute for Defense Analyses.
* The public relations firm Daniel J. Edelman Inc. has negotiated a new five-year lease at its present location, 1730 Pennsylvania Ave. NW.
* Arrow Electronics has subleased 6,050 square feet of space at Rockledge Executive Plaza II in Bethesda from Suburban Bancorp. Arrow is a computer component and electronics manufacturer headquartered in Connecticut. The sublease is for three years.
* Verve Research Corp. has leased 3,300 square feet of space at 6110 Executive Blvd. in Rockville. Verve provides professional services for government contracts.
* Digital Equipment Corp. has subleased 20,410 square feet of space at 8300 Professional Place in Landover from Makro Self-Service Wholesale Corp. Digital's headquarters is in Massachusets.
* The American Dealer Association (ADA), a subsidiary of Durakon Inc. of Troy, Mich., has leased 5,900 square feet of space in the Oakland Ridge Industrial Center in Columbia for a regional sales and distribution facility for auto products. The facility represents a capital investment of $200,000.
* Radio statio WLTT-FM has relocated its offices from Chevy Chase to the Georgetowne Office Park in Rockville. The new radio station has leased three office condominiums totaling 4,000 square feet. WLTT is owned by the Gulf Broadcast Group.
The 62-unit condominium office park is a joint venture between DANAC Real Estate Development Corp. and Crowell and Baker Construction Co. DANAC Associates handled the lease.