Ground has been broken for the construction of the first of two 10-story office buildings at the new 16-acre Tysons Executive Plaza. The complex is located at the intersection of the Beltway and Leesburg Pike in Tysons Corner.
Building one contains 250,000 square feet of space. Completion is scheduled for summer 1984. Construction of the second building is planned to begin in the summer of 1985.
The $70 million complex is being developed, constructed, leased and managed by Spaulding & Slye Corp., the Boston-based investment builder, which has offices in Bethesda.
Other recent developments in commercial realty in the Washington metropolitan area:
* Litton Bionetics at 1330 Piccard Drive in Rockville will break ground in April for a 42,500-square-foot addition to its present 88,000-square-foot facility. The new addition will house an institute of applied biotechnology. Occupancy of the new institute is expected in January 1984.
* Paul Revere Insurance Co. has leased 2,500 square feet of space at the Montgomery Village Executive Plaza at 19636 Club House Road in Gaithersburg. Finance America Corp., a financial credit firm, has also leased 2,000 square feet of space at the Montgomery Village Executive Plaza.
* The research and development firm of Beers and Associates has leased 8,240 square feet of office space at 11495 Commerce Park Drive in Reston. An editorial consulting firm, the Blue Pencil Group, has also leased 2,277 square feet of space at that location.
* Dominion Optical Inc. has leased about 1,100 square feet of space at 1625 K St. NW. The aggregate rental value of the lease is about $500,000.
* Colonial Mortgage Corp. of D.C. has leased 8,393 square feet of space at Metro-Plex II at 8201 Corporate Dr. in Landover. The aggregate rental value of the five-year lease is $629,475. Construction Program Management Services of Boston has also leased 1,215 square feet of space at Metroplex II for its new Washington office. The aggregate rental value of the three-year lease is $52,852.
* Aetna Casualty & Surety Co. has leased 76,161 square feet of space at 7926 Jones Branch Dr. in McLean.
* The Izaak Walton League has relocated its national headquarters from 1800 N. Kent St. in Rosslyn to 5,795 square feet of leased space at 1701 Fort Myer Dr. in Arlington. The aggregate rental value of the five-year and nine months lease is $380,538.
* The law firm of Cohen, Gettings, Alper & Dunham has leased 6,731 additional square feet of space at its location at 1400 N. Uhle St. in Arlington.
* Pansophic Systems Inc., a Chicago-based computer software marketing company, has leased 3,694 square feet of space at 8300 Greensboro Dr. in McLean.
* Advanced Systems Development Inc. has relocated from 1220 East-West Hwy. in Silver Spring and has leased 1,412 square feet of space at 962 Wayne Ave. in Silver Spring.