Erkiletian Construction Corp. has begun construction on the Kiosk Building, the third of six office buildings planned for Park Center near the intersection of King Street (Route 7) and Shirley Highway in Alexandria, the construction firm reported.
The Kiosk -- a 125,000-square-foot, four-story office building -- will include a 40,000-square-foot athletic club, a 5,000-square-foot restaurant and retail space on the first floor. The complex was designed by the Pace Group.
Park Center's other buildings include Park Center I, which is fully leased, and Park Center II, which will be ready for occupancy in the Spring, according to a statement by Erkiletian Construction Corp.
Other developments in commercial realty in the Washington metropolitan area:
* Kahn Paper Cos., a Washington-based distributor of paper products for the food service industry, announced that construction has begun on its new headquarters, a $2.5 million, 65,000-square-foot facility in the Hampton Business Park in Largo.
* ECI International, an exporter of manufacturing equipment, has begun construction on a new 60,900-square-foot corporate headquarters at the Dulles Industrial Center. The company expects to hire 50 people at its new facility.
* Commercial and Industrial Realty Corp. has announced the first three tenants to occupy the Snowden Center, a 103,400-square-foot office and warehouse complex for high tech firms on Snowden River Parkway in Columbia. The firms are: Bicoustics Instruments Inc., a medical electronics sales and service company; L. D. Lowery Inc., an electronic component sales firm, and Foster Medical Corp.'s home health care division, which leases medical equipment for home use.
* Ando Electric Co., a Japanese manufacturer of electronic measuring instruments, will lease 5,000 square feet at Metro Park North in Rockville, the Maryland Department of Economic Community and Development reported.
* Five tenants have moved into the recently completed first phase of King Street Station in Alexandria. The new tenants are: FFV Development Inc., Comfed Mortgage Co., ECON Inc., Norell Services Inc. and Travel Pointe.
* Clark Enterprises Inc. and CEI Construction Inc. have relocated to the Clark Building, 7500 Old Georgetown Road in Bethesda.