First American Bankshares Inc. will locate its East Coast headquarters for data collection and check processing in a new building at Reston's Campus Commons, a 32-acre office and technology park in the town's business center, according to Reston Land Corp.
First American signed a 10-year lease with the developer, Lee Sammis Associates Inc., for 110,000 square feet of the recently completed, 180,000-square-foot Campus Point building, which overlooks the Dulles Toll Road.
First American Data Services will occupy the building next month.
Reston Land also announced other developments: Sperry Corp. has leased 63,000 square feet of Sunrise Technology Park I, bringing its total presence in Reston to 375,000 square feet. GTE Telenet has relocated more than 500 employes from Tysons Corner into the second building in Tech Park Reston, bringing its total Reston employment to 1,150. General Electric's data and information systems divsion has moved about 400 employes from Arlington to the Reston Corporate Center, where it has leased 176,000 square feet. Satellite Business Systems has leased 130,000 square feet in Sunrise Tech Park II to house 500 employes of its long-distance telephone division. Compucare, which provides computer services for the health care industry, has moved into its new 70,000-square-foot headquarters with more than 200 employes.
Other recent developments in commercial realty in the Washington metropolitan area:
* Omni Construction Inc. announced it has completed construction of an office building at 1133 20th St. NW two months ahead of schedule. Omni is building the eight-story, 121,000-square-foot structure for the developer, the John Akridge Co. Skidmore, Owings and Merrill is the building's architect.
* The National Computer Graphics Association has leased 11,150 square feet at the Dunn Loring Center, a three-story, 50,000-square-foot office building at the Dunn Loring Metro Station in Merrifield. Another tenant, Telecom Plus, a telephone sales firm, has leased 4,000 square feet at the center, according to the developer, Cambridge Development Co.
* Prudential Insurance Co. reported that Net Express, a telecommunications research firm, has signed a $7 million lease for 43,197 square feet at Courthouse Center, 1953 Gallows Road, Tysons Corner.
* Grumman Data System Corp. has leased about 13,000 square feet at 1355 Beverly Road in McLean.
* Ogilvy & Mather International, a public relations firm, has signed an $800,000 lease for 6,844 square feet at 1901 L St. NW.
* American Satellite Corp., a Bethesda firm, has leased 6,207 square feet at 1331 Pennsylvania Ave. NW. for $1.5 million.
* Trade Tourism Marketing Inc., a tour operations firm, has signed a $1.2 million lease for 4,600 square feet at 1625 K St. NW.
* The U.S. Department of Agriculture Graduate School has leased 4,281 square feet at the Mapp Building, 6395 Little River Turnpike in Annandale, for $313,008.