The General Services Administration has signed a 10-year lease for the Judiciary Center building located at 555 4th St. NW.
Rental of the entire 334,000-square-foot building constitutes the largest General Services Administration lease in Washington in the last 15 years, and the second-largest ever by GSA in the United States.
The building is owned by the Hall Real Estate Group of Dallas. Coldwell Banker agents handled the transaction, which totaled $82 million. GSA will begin occupancy on Nov. 1.
Other recent developments in commercial realty in the Washington metropolitan area:
*Work has begun on the Allen Building, a 73,500-square-foot, five-story office building located at the intersection of North Fairfax and Madison streets in Old Town, Alexandria.
The building, which includes a two-level parking structure with 300 spaces, is being developed by Gates, Hudson and Associates Inc. The entire building already has been leased by the Allen Corp. of America and Robbins-Gioia Inc., and will serve as the new corporate headquarters for both companies.
Eugene Simpson and Bros. Inc. is the general contractor, with design by Smith, Segreti, Tepper, McMahon and Harned.
*Computer Doctor Inc., a computer repair company based in Stratford, Conn., has signed a five-year lease for 2,121 square feet of space at Rosslyn Center, 1700 North Moore St., Arlington.