4th Building Started At Alexandria's Park Center Complex
Erkiletian Construction Co. has broken ground on the fourth building in a six-building office complex at the corner of King Street and Interstate 395 in Alexandria.
Park Center IV will be a 14-story, 240,000-square-foot office building designed by the Pace Group of McLean. It will have a reflective exterior, a two-story lobby and a five-story, 600-space underground parking garage. The entire Park Center complex, being developed by Erkiletian, will be 1.3 million square feet when it is completed in 1991.
Other recent developments in commercial realty in the Washington metropolitan area:
*TDX Systems Inc., a company that operates long-distance business communications networks, leased 145,000 square feet from the Metopolitian Partnership Ltd. at Tysons International Plaza in Tysons Corner.
*Institutional Communications Co. Inc., previously at 6917 Arlington Blvd. in Bethesda, leased 10,621 square feet at Tysons Executive Plaza for its new corporate headquarters.
*Safeway Eastern Federal Credit Union signed a 10-year lease for 10,998 square feet at Tech Center III in Landover.
*Isham, Lincoln & Beale, a Chicago law firm, leased 8,266 square feet at 1150 Connecticut Ave. NW. The lease has an aggregate value of $2.1 million.
*Tycon Construction Tenant Division completed a 27,000-square-foot U.S. headquarters for British Aerospace in the Hallmark Building at Renaissance Park at 13873 Park Center Rd. in Herndon.
*The law firm Burditt, Bowles and Radzius leased 3,800 square feet at 1029 Vermont Ave. from the Vermont Associates. The lease, which was effective April 1, has an aggregate value of $404,000. The law firm of Finley, Kumble, Wagner, Heine, Underberg, Manley & Casey has leased an additional 8,986 square feet at 1120 Connecticut Ave. NW.