* As Time Goes By, 655 C St. SE. Across from the Eastern Market. Large selection of Victorian whites and a '20s collection, which once belonged to two sisters living in Europe, 1924-1936. $250 to $1,500. Lots of furs. Petticoats, $45 and up.
* Geraldine's, 4105 Wisconsin Ave. NW. Rentals only. Lots of things for men, including Dracula capes, zoot suits, "regals" (knights and kings), and World War II aviator suits. Everything rentable for the weekend (Friday to Tuesday a.m.) for $25-$35. Victorian blouses rent for $15; men's spats $2.
* Jameson & Hawkins, 3061 1/2 M St. NW, Georgetown (upstairs). Fashions from the Victorian era through the '50s. Specializes in evening dresses from the '30s and '40s, Victorian and '20s wedding dresses beginning around $150. Designer suits, petticoats and Victorian blouses. Can supply the whole look--the pumps, the pearls, even the presentation pillow for a wedding ring.
* Off the Cuff, 1077 Wisconsin Ave. NW, Georgetown. Iris Garnett Chase's small boite, dressed up in pink and purple. Lots of antique-jewelry reproductions. Mostly '30s and '40s clothes.
* Overflow II, 1226 Wisconsin Ave. NW, over Roy Rogers in the mall. Funky high-laced, pointed-toe boots, old furs, pearls, derbies, bustles, you name it.
* The Great Gatsby, 218 N. Lee St., Alexandria. A large stock of Victoriana and '20s fashions. Fine collection of laces and embroideries. Children's period dresses.
* Unforgettables, 1083 Thomas Jefferson St. NW. A nice collection of turn-of-the-century whites. Also, beaded '20s dresses for $125 and up. Two small rooms.