* Executive Challenge: Boston University runs outdoor management training programs at an 850-acre camp in New Hampshire and will offer similar programs in Atlanta starting this month. Three-day program, about $525 per person. Boston University, School of Management, Office of Executive Programming, 685 Commonwealth Ave., Boston, Mass. 02215.
* Great Encounters: Specializes in experiential training for women. Open group for working women Oct. 30-31, $45 per person per day, custom-tailored groups $75 to $100 per person per day. P.O. Box 1891, Washington, D.C. 20013. 546-4654.
* Growing Edge, Inc.: Adventure Seminars, with fees on a sliding scale from $35 to $250 per person per day, depending on the organization and the program. Two sample workshops for interested managers will be offered on Oct. 26, Oct. 28 and Nov. 18 for $50 per person. Rte. 1, Box 164, Midland, Va. 22728. (703) 788-4197.
* Inner Quest, Inc.: Designs outdoor training programs focusing on skills such as stress management and team-building, $20 to $60 per day. 140 Queen St., Leesburg, Va. 22075. (703) 471-1014.
* Institute for Outdoor Awareness: Designs management-training courses using caving, climbing, canoeing and/or orienteering in locations around the country, about $70 per person per day. Box AK, Swarthmore, Pa. 19081.
* NTL Institute: Two, four-day "executive challenge" courses in cooperation with Boston University to be offered next spring for $600. P.O. Box 9155 Rosslyn Station, Arlington, Va. 22209. 527-1500.
* Outdoor School: Runs outdoor Training Seminars for executives incorporating camping, caving, climbing and/or canoeing, about $45 per person per day. 1050 Knight Lane, Herndon, Va. 22070. (703) 471-0171.
* Outdoor University: Tailors adventure programs to group needs in areas ranging from rafting to sky-diving. Day programs, $10 to $70; overnight programs, $37 to $580. 508 N. Washington, St., Alex., Va. 22314. 548-3838.
* Outward Bound: Offers "Management Team Building" courses in its five schools around the country, incorporating sailing, mountaineering, canoeing and/or backpacking. About $850 for eight days; will design special programs for individual companies. 384 Field Point Rd., Greenwich, Conn. 06830. (800) 243-8520.
* Venture Forth: Tailors outdoor experience programs at its Poconos camp to meet specific organizational goals. Typical four-day program, $500 per person. P.O. Box 98, Shawnee-on-Delaware, Pa. 18356.