Among retreat options:
* A Woman's Time and Space--Weekend run by Springfield Psychotherapy and Consultation Center planned again for this spring, with day-long "booster-shot" retreat in the fall. 451-8366.
* Boar's Head Inn, Charlottesville, Va.--Champagne balloon flights up to 5 passengers, $65 per person for 30- to 45-minute flight. Conference facilities. Tennis, fishing, swimming, health clinic. (804) 296-2181.
* Cedar Hill, Coal Mine Hollow, Va.--Run by Yes! Educational Society, isolated lodge in the Shenandoah Mountains accommodates up to 15 people. Weekend getaways about $75 per person, including "gourmet vegetarian" meals. Lodge rents for $300 Sun.-Fri. without meals, or $50 per person per week, plus $45 for meals. 241-1434.
* Colonial Houses of Williamsburg, Va.--Nearly two dozen colonial homes--furnished with 18th-century antiques and reproductions--in the historic district may be rented by individuals or small groups. Single or double occupancy, $80 to $125; complete houses (4 to 8 people), $170 to $360. (800) 446-8956, in Va. (800) 582-8976.
* Sevenoaks Retreat Center, Madison, Va.--For individuals, couples and groups interested in "replenishing" at a resident community in the foothills of the Blue Ridge Mountains. Staff-led activities available, such as meditation. $20-$35 a day, room and board.(703) 948-6544 or 6545.
* State Parks--Eight Virginia parks have vacation cabins; write Division of Parks, Commonwealth of Virginia, Capitol Square, 1201 Washington Building, Richmond, Va. 23219. Four Maryland parks have cabins; write Maryland Park Service, Tawes State Office Building, 580 Taylor Ave., Annapolis 21401. For the Maryland Tourism office's free Outdoor Recreation Guide call (301) 269-2686.
* Woodlea Mountain Retreat, Broadway, Va.--"Back to nature" cabins in the Shenandoah Valley accommodate 1-7 people. Near trout streams, National Forests and Bryce Resort. Two nights in a cabin for 4, $140. Hot tub in the "couple's cabin:" $25 extra. 971-1266.
* YMCA Camp Letts, Edgewater, Md.--Summer camp facilities open September-May to groups of 18-300. Weekend, with meals, about $29. 261-4286.
* Coolfont, Berkeley Springs, W. Va.--Massage Workshops, Smoking Cessation and Health Retreats among weekend workshops 1,200- acre resort two hours from the District. Weekends: $145 to $395 per person. Get Away Days, Sun.-Thurs, include two meals and a massage, $49.50. 424-1232.
* Fitness Getaway--Maryland instructor June Andrus will conduct annual fitness weeks beginning June 19 at Wilson College, Chambersburg, Pa., and June 26 at Hood College, Frederick, Md. Aerobics, yoga, water exercise and games. Participants--"usually women"--stay in dorms. $220 per week. 384-8138.
* Kerr House, Grand Rapids, Ohio--Restored Victorian mansion hosts no more than 8 women for week's rejuvenation: breakfast in bed, exercise classes, massages, facials, wraps, whirlpools, saunas and mineral baths. $1,500 per week. Special couple's week in August, $2,500 total. Kerr House, Grand Rapids, Ohio, 43522; (419) 832-1733.
* Send Mom to Camp/Shape Escape--Arlington YMCA weekend programs bi-annually at Camp Letts; next date Oct. 7-9. Individual fitness consulations, classes in aerobics, yoga and jogging plus lectures on stress management and quitting smoking. $125 for members, $150 for non-members. 525-5420.
* The Spa at Sonoma Mission Inn, Boyes Hot Springs, Calif. 95416. One of the newest, poshest fitness resorts around. Gourmet low-calorie meals--or fasting--herbal wraps, hydrotherapy, body conditioning, fitness classes, pedicures. Five-day program, $1,800; 3-day, $1,000. (707) 996-1041.