Among Washington-area resources on child care: For Employers
* Council of Governments (COG). Ongoing Childcare Advisory Committee. Information and referral brochure available this summer. 223-6800.
* The Women's Bureau, U.S. Dept. of Labor, 200 Constitution Ave. NW, Washington, D.C. 20210. Write for single copies of the revised pamphlet, "Employers and Childcare: Establishing Services Through the Work Place."
* Fairfax County Office for Children. Ongoing employers' breakfast group meets regularly to discuss employer options. Training and technical assistance for day-care providers. 691-3175.
* Montgomery County Department of Family Resources. Has surveyed private employers; co-sponsored employer meeting with Chamber of Commerce and Commission on Children and Youth. 279-1530. For Parents
* Council of Governments (COG). Information and referral brochure available this summer. 223-6800.
* Fairfax County Office for Children. Computerized information and referral system. Will provide 40 before- and after- school centers in public schools this fall. 691-3175.
* Montgomery County Department of Family Resources. Computerized information and referral by July. 279-1773.
* Arlington County. National leader in before- and after-school child care. Extended day program (on sliding scale) in every public elementary school; county subsidy for lower-income parents choosing private preschool care. Working Parents Task Force for county employes. 558-2884.