Mad Lizzie's Shake-Out
1. Standing comfortably, shake out the hands and arms loosely, moving them up for 8 beats and down for 8 beats.
2. Bring the shoulders up to the ears, then drop them down while you bend your legs. Repeat 8 times.
3. Raise the right knee to the chest and try to catch it with your cupped hands--being sure to keep the torso straight. Repeat 4 times with each leg.
4. Gently ease the hands towards the floor as low as you can comfortably go, then return to standing position. Repeat 8 times.
5. Think of something irritating and punch it away, alternating arms in front of you 8 times.
6. Let the head drop down and slowly roll it to the right, back and left side. When you complete the circle, reverse to the left. The Green Goddess' Good Morning Stretch
1. Swing Time. Stand with your feet comfortably apart. Bend your knees and move your arms down and back. Then swing your arms forward and up while straightening your knees. Continue the swing, reaching arms above your head and letting the momentum stretch you from toe to fingertip. Then bring your arms down and back and bend knees to repeat.
2. Waist Whittle. Lie flat on your back with your arms wide apart and palms down. Bend your knees and pull them to your chest. Twisting from the waist only, roll your knees to the left. Be sure to keep both shoulders on the floor. Roll back to the center and repeat to the right.
3. Bottoms Up. Lie on your back, arms at your side, knees bent and feet on the floor, shoulder-width apart. Clench the buttocks, pull in the tummy and lift the pelvis high off the floor, transferring your weight onto your shoulders. Hold the position several seconds, then bring pelvis down and relax.