In addition to Friend Finders International, a "lost and found for friends," here are other organizations set up to locate the missing:
* Child Find, a national clearinghouse for locating or reporting missing children and for children who need help getting back home. Toll free number: (800) 431-5005 (New York state,  255-1848). Child Find, Inc., P.O. Box 277, New Paltz, N.Y. 12561.
* National Center for Missing Children, 1835 K St. NW, Suite 700, Washington, D.C. 20006. (202) 634-9821.
* Salvation Army, will try to help locate a mother, father, brother, sister, daughter or son. Salvation Army, Missing Persons, 503 E St. NW, Washington, D.C. 20001. (202) 783-4050.
* Children's Rights of Florida, P.O. Box 173, Pinellas Park, Fla. 33565. (800) 237-5200.
* Adam Walsh Child Resource Center, 1876 N. University Ave., No. 306, Ft. Lauderdale, Fla. 33322. (305) 475-4847.
* Missing Children Help Center, 410 Ware Rd., No. 1102, Tampa, Fla. 33619. (813) 681-HELP or 623-KIDS.
* National Crime Prevention News, National Missing Children's Reporter, Suite A560, 1926 Hollywood, Fla. 33020. Send photo and information.
* Runaway Hotline, (800) 231-6946.
* National Center for Missing and Exploited Children Hotline, (800) 843-5678.
* Missing Children Inc., 4200 Wisconsin Ave. NW, Washington, D.C. 20016. (202) 244-5678.
* To find active-duty military, call the local office of the Red Cross.
* To find former military. Army: U.S. Army RC Pack, 9700 Page Blvd., St. Louis, Mo. 63132. Navy: Navy Locater Service, Navy Locater NO36, Washington, D.C. 20370. The person being sought is told how to get in touch with the seeker.