National Marriage Encounter (Ecumenical and Interfaith)
* Northern Virginia: Frank & Clara Moss, 5421 Juliet St., Springfield, (703) 941-8087; Ken & Marie Milow, Arlington, (703) 528-8438, or Don & Carole Thieme, Alexandria, (703) 360-2207.
* Maryland: Rebecca & Ben Franklin, Silver Spring, (301) 270-0694.
* Upcoming weekend retreats: This Friday through Sunday; March 22-24; May 17-19. Registration is $25; couples are asked on Sunday "if at all possible" to cover the balance of the cost of the weekend, which is about $100.
Worldwide Marriage Encounter (Catholic Expression)
* For general information about D.C. and Maryland: Bill & Sue Ryan, (301) 924-5683 (P.O. Box 556, Olney, Md. 20832). Executive couple for this area: Bernie & Nancy Kennedy, (301) 924-2600. Arlington: Tony & Christie Smith, (703) 683-5948.
* Retrouvaille Weekend (for couples in trouble), Bruce & Kathy Walter, (301) 932-6125 or Charlie & Dot Bradford (301) 871-7420.
* Worldwide Marriage Encounter weekends for the D.C. area scheduled for Jan. 25-27, Feb. 22-24, March 15-17, and April 26-28. As with National Marriage Encounter, "closed-envelope contributions" toward costs -- a suggested $170 -- are voluntary.
Worldwide Marriage Encounter (Non-Catholic Religious Expressions)
* Jewish, Henry & Mayta Tucker, Randallstown, Md. (301) 655-5617.
* Episcopal, Dave & Elinor Boyce, Silver Spring, (301) 585-3245.
* Lutheran, Jake & June Rabatin, Manassas, (703) 361-1287.
* Presbyterian, Bill & Cathy Rathgeber, Springfield, (703) 455-6144.
* United Methodist, Lou & Judy Bukauskas, Springfield (703) 451-5824.
Marriage Enrichment Retreats
* Washington Pastoral Counseling Service, (202) 332-2131, 1500 16th St., NW; Dick & Jeanne Carr, (703) 354-2808.
* Retreat scheduled for Feb. 8-10. $215 per couple includes membership in the Association of Couples for Marriage Enrichment, meals, Friday evening through Sunday afternoon, $55 to reserve place. The Carrs will arrange retreats for special-interest groups.