A number of employers are helping their personnel juggle dual roles of employe and parent. Here are some key resources:
* The Metropolitan Washington Child Care Network of the Metropolitan Washington Council of Governments provides a brochure "Locating Child Care in the Metropolitan Washington Area" and specialized information and referral services. Pat Marks, 1875 I St. NW, Suite 200, Washington, D.C. 20006. (202) 223-6800. The pamphlet also is available at Safeway, Giant and public libraries.
* IBM's national child care resource and referral service lists more than 200 community-based agencies and individuals. The service -- which is offered only to corporations -- is managed by Work/Family Directions and Wheelock College. Contact: Work/Family Directions, 200 The Riverway, Boston, Mass. 02215. (617) 734-0001.
* Catalyst Resources for Women's library on career and family issues is catalogued into the first database computer service on women and work. Access is offered through BRS. Contact: Catalyst, 250 Park Ave. South, New York, N.Y. 10003. (212) 777-8900.
* Wheelock College markets a seminar, "The Changing American Family: Implications for Management." Contact: Fran Litman, project director, Center for Parenting Studies, Wheelock College, 200 The Riverway, Boston, Mass. 02215. (617) 734-5200, ext. 214.
* 3M's sick child-care service dispatches a trained worker to employes' homes to care for their sick children through Child Care Services Inc. Contact: Sue Osten, Child Care Coordinator, Building 220-2W-03, 3M Center, St. Paul, Minn. 55144. (612) 736-2540.
* New Ways to Work, a nonprofit resource and action center, educates employers on benefits of job sharing and other flexible time arrangements. Contact: New Ways to Work, 149 Ninth St., San Francisco, Calif. 94103. (415) 552-1000.
* The Work and Family Information Center is a national clearinghouse on trends in work/family relationships, personnel policies and practices beneficial to families, innovative employer, government and community partnerships and relevant legislative and regulatory activities. Contact: The Conference Board, 845 Third Ave., New York, N.Y. 10022 (212) 759-0900.