YES, IT'S time once again to lift our voices with the "Hallelujah" choruses or tap those feet to "The Nutcracker Suite." Or why not go for broke and do both this season? Here's where and how:
* The combined choirs of the Chinese Community Church and the Chinese Christian Church will perform the Christmas portion of Handel's "Messiah" on Sunday at 2:30 at the Community Church, 1011 L Street NW. Free. 289-3611.
* There'll be a free joint Christmas concert of the Nevilla Ottley Singers and the Albright Methodist Sanctuary Choir performing Part I of the "Messiah," on Sunday at 4 at Albright Memorial United Methodist Church, Fourth and Rittenhouse streets NW. 589-4049.
* The Broadview Baptist Church Sanctuary Choir will present the Christmas portion of the "Messiah" in the church sanctuary, 5757 Temple Hills Road in Temple Hills, Maryland, on Sunday at 7:30 p.m. Free. 857-9237.
* The Good Shepherd United Methodist Church adds a carol sing and refreshments to its performance of the Christmas portion of the "Messiah" on Sunday at 8 p.m. The church is at 9701 New Hampshire Avenue in Silver Spring. 434-3331.
* The Baltimore Symphony Orchestra and Chorus perform the "Messiah," with the help of soloists Andrea Matthews, Gretchen Greenfield, Marcus Haddock and Kevin McMillan, on December 20, 8 p.m., in the Performing Arts Center of Montgomery College, Rockville Campus. $12.50, $10 for students and seniors. 279-5301.
* If you can't get enough of the "Nutcracker" or the Washington Ballet, you're in luck. The Ballet is giving 17 performances of this Christmas favorite from this Friday through December 28, at Lisner Auditorium, 21st and H streets NW. Tickets for Tuesday through Thursday performances are $12.50; tickets for Friday through Sunday performances are $15. 432-0200.
* The Peabody Institute, in conjunction with the Central Maryland Ballet and the Mount Vernon Dance Center, gives three performances of the "Nutcracker," Friday at 7:30 and Saturday at 3:30 and 7:30 at the Greenbelt Arts Center's Utopia Theater, Roosevelt Center on Centerway in Greenbelt. $6, $3 for seniors and children under 12. 474-7763.
* Attention Sugarplum Fairies: The "Nutcracker" will be performed at the F. Scott Fitzgerald Theater on Saturday at 2:30 and 7:30 and on Sunday at 2:30. Tickets are $3, $2 for seniors and children under 12. The theater is at Baltimore Road and Edmonston Drive in Rockville. 424-8000, ext. 340.
* Annapolis Civic Ballet performs its 20th annual "Nutcracker" Saturday at 2:30 and 7:30 and Sunday at 3 at Annapolis Senior High, 2700 Riva Road. $4, $2 for children under 13. 301/263-4755.
* Here's one the kids will love: The Bob Brown Marionettes present the "Nutcracker" at 2 on December 23 at the Vienna Community Center, 120 Cherry Street SE. $3.50, under 3 free. 938-8000, ext 277.