* Montgomery County will hold a Thanksgiving Parade on Saturday at 10 in downtown Silver Spring. The theme is "A Salute to Law Enforcement." Montgomery County Police Chief Charles Moose and other top investigators of the sniper task force and County Executive Douglas Duncan will serve as grand marshals. The parade starts on Georgia Avenue at Sligo Avenue, marching north to Wayne Avenue and then right to Fenton Street and north again to Ellsworth Drive (Metro: Silver Spring). Call 301-565-5864.
* Santa Claus and his elves lead Baltimore's annual Thanksgiving Parade Saturday at 11 along Pratt Street, from Eutaw to President streets near the Inner Harbor. The parade will also include marching bands, equestrian teams, square dancers and clowns. Call 877-225-8466.
* The Virginia Opera performs Thea Musgrave's "A Christmas Carol, the Opera," based on the Charles Dickens novel, on Friday at 8 and Sunday at 2 in the Concert Hall at the Center for the Arts at George Mason University, 4400 University Dr., Fairfax. Tickets are $42, $64 and $78. For tickets, call Tickets.com, 703-218-6500 (service charges added); for information, call 703-993-8888.
* After five months of renovation, Ford's Theatre reopens with its annual production of Dickens's "A Christmas Carol," through Dec. 31 at the theater at 511 Tenth St. NW (Metro: Metro Center). Performances this week are on Friday at 7:30, Saturday and Sunday at 2:30 and 7:30, Tuesday at 7:30 Wednesday at 1 and 7:30 (no show on Thanksgiving). Tickets are $29 to $45. To order, call Tickets.com, 703-218-6500 (service charges added); for information, call 202-347-4833.
* The yuletide spirit is on display when the holidays hit tiny Tuna, Tex., in "A Tuna Christmas," starring Joe Sears and Jaston Williams as all of the town's men, women and children, opening Tuesday and continuing through Dec. 1 at the Warner Theatre, 13th and E streets (Metro: Federal Triangle).The schedule: Tuesday and Wednesday at 8, Nov. 29-30 at 2 and 8, and Dec. 1 at 3 and 7. Tickets are $30 to $44.50. Call Ticketmaster, 202-432-7328 (service charges added); for information, call 202-783-4000.
Hanukah on Ice
An ice skating show, music by the Gesher Jewish Day School Choir and family skate time are part of Hanukah on Ice, Sunday from 5 to 8 at Fairfax Ice Arena, 3779 Pickett Rd. in Fairfax. The event is sponsored by the Chabad Lubavitch Centers of Alexandria, Fairfax and Tysons Corner. Admission is $8 in advance, $10 at the door. Call 703-426-1980.
Antiques in Alexandria
More than 40 dealers will sell period furniture and decorative, folk and fine arts at the Historic Alexandria Antiques Show, Friday from 11 to 8, Saturday from 11 to 7 and Sunday from noon to 5 at the Holiday Inn, 625 First St., Alexandria. Admission is $10. Call 703-549-5811.
* A musical stage adaptation of Mark Twain's timeless "The Adventures of Tom Sawyer" runs through Dec. 23 at the Kennedy Center's Theater Lab (Metro: Foggy Bottom/GWU with free shuttles). Performances this week are Friday at 11 and 7 and Saturday at 11 and 1. Tickets are $13. Call 202-467-4600 (TDD: 202-416-8624).
* The blockbuster musical "Les Miserables," based on Victor Hugo's novel, opens Wednesday and runs through Jan. 4 at the National Theatre, 1321 Pennsylvania Ave. NW (Metro: Metro Center, Federal Triangle). Performances this week are Wednesday at 2 and 8 and Thursday at 8. Tickets are $22 to $77, plus service charges, from Tele-charge. Call 800-447-7400 for tickets; for information, call 202-628-6161.
Jewish Folk Arts
Klezmer and Sephardic musicians, ethnic food and hands-on workshops for all ages and a Judaica art fair are featured at the Jewish Folk Arts Festival on Sunday from noon to 6 at the University of Maryland's Shady Grove campus, 9630 Gudelsky Dr., off Darnestown Road in Rockville (free shuttles from Shady Grove Metro). Admission is $15, $10 for seniors, $6 for students, ages 4 and younger free. On Saturday at 8, Flory Jagoda, Liz Lerman, the Fabrangen Fiddlers, Jon Simon and others perform at the Hebrew Academy, 13300 Arctic Ave., Rockville. Tickets are $20, $15 for seniors, $12 for students and children. Call 301-309-2310 or visit www.jewishfolkartsfestival.org.
Chestnut on Jazz
Jazz pianist Cyrus Chestnut performs with his trio Friday at 7:30 and 9:30 in the Kennedy Center Terrace Theater (Metro: Foggy Bottom/GWU, with free shuttles). Tickets are $27. Call 202-467-4600 (TDD: 202-416-8524).
-- Compiled by Larry Fox
The return of "Les Miserables" will open at the National Theatre on Wednesday.