Okay, so it's the week before Christmas and there's all the shopping and partying and being nice and not naughty to worry about, but if you take the quiz and win, you'll get a KidsPost T-shirt. Consider it our holiday gift to you.
1. After a(nother) heartbreaking loss Dec. 8, the Redskins named a(nother) new quarterback. The name of this rookie is . . .
2. School was canceled again but not because of snow. Why did most kids in the region get last Wednesday off?
3. President Bush announced that he, along with all members of the military, would get shots to fight what disease?
4. Disney announced that it won't make as much money as it expected because this movie was a flop.
Send your completed quiz -- with name, age, address and phone number -- to: Dec. 17 News Quiz, KidsPost, 1150 15th St. NW, Washington, D.C. 20071, or fax it to 202-496-3780, or e-mail it (with "Dec. 17 News Quiz" in the subject field) to email@example.com. We'll pick three winners from all the correct entries we receive by Dec. 21. This week's prizes: a KidsPost T-shirt, plus one item from the KSSPSUHWWAT.
Answers to last week's quiz:
1. Snow days. 2. Canada. 3. The mouse. 4. She is going to play in a men's PGA tournament.
Winners: Derica Clarke, 11, Ashburn; Sarah Luqman, 10, Frederick; Margaret Shaw, 10, Alexandria.
* You can print out the KidsPost News Quiz from the Web -- and read the articles that reveal the answers. Just go to www.washpost.com/nie