We gave you last week off from the News Quiz to give you a full-page explainer on the Editorial Page. (Hint: You'll need to have read that page to get one of these questions correct.) But now we're back with the usual promise of fame, glory and a T-shirt to three readers who conquer this week's quiz.
1. How many letters to the editor does The Washington Post editorial page get a day?
2. How many babies does a mother squirrel have in a litter? (Hint: The answer is a range.)
3. A judge last week said McDonald's can't be held responsible if this happens to its customers.
4. Last week, a part of this southern state got its first snow since 1989.
Send your completed quiz -- with name, age, address and phone number -- to: Jan. 28 News Quiz, KidsPost, 1150 15th St. NW, Washington, DC 20071. Or fax it to 202-496-3780. Or e-mail it (with "Jan. 28 News Quiz" in the subject field): email@example.com. We'll pick three winners from all the correct entries we receive by Feb. 1. This week's prizes: a KidsPost T-shirt, plus one item from the KSSPSUHWWAT.
Answers to the Jan. 14 quiz: 1. Bill Frist. 2. Bankruptcy. 3. Eddie Murray. 4. Pluto.
Winners: Anesha Isaacs, 8, Washington; Ender Tuncay, 10, Washington; Paul Wiehagen, 11, Cheverly.
* You can print out the KidsPost News Quiz from the Web -- and read the articles that reveal the answers. Just go to www.washpost.com/nie.