You can file consumer complaints free with:

* Maryland Attorney General's Consumer Protection Division: If your complaint is against a Maryland resident or business, call 888-743-0023 or file online at Web site:

* Virginia Office of Consumer Affairs: If your complaint is against a Virginia resident or business, call 800-552-9963 or 804-786-2042. Web site, including downloadable complaint form, is

* D.C. Office of the Corporation Counsel: If your complaint is against a D.C. resident or business, call 202-442-9828 or e-mail OCC's Web site and complaint form:

* Washington Metropolitan Better Business Bureau: Call 202-393-8000 or e-mail Go to to file a complaint online. To find other local BBBs, see Council of Better Business Bureaus Web site:

* National Consumers League: Accepts telemarketing and online-fraud complaints only. Call 800-876-7060 or file at

* Federal Trade Commission: Call at 877-FTC-HELP (382-4357) or file at