It was 60 degrees over the weekend. We went a whole week with no snow. Spring is in the air. You can just feel it, can't you? But before you get too bad a case of spring fever, take this week's News Quiz.
1. Students in a National Building Museum program designed a "ferocious" apartment complex. What did they suggest calling it?
2. Students around here have to go to school 180 days a year. Students around the world, on average, go to school how many days?
3. Students around the country walked out of classes as part of an antiwar protest. What was it called?
4. Whose face is on the $100,000 bill? Send your completed quiz -- with name, age, address and phone number -- to: March 11 News Quiz, KidsPost, 1150 15th St. NW, Washington, D.C. 20071, or fax it to: 202-496-3780, or e-mail it (with "March 11 News Quiz" in the subject field) to email@example.com. We'll pick three winners from all the correct entries we receive by March 15. This week's prizes: a KidsPost T-shirt, plus one item from the KSSPSUHWWAT.
Answers to last week's quiz: 1. Fred Rogers. 2. Size 18.
3. Harry Potter. 4. Thomas Nast.
Winners: Brandon Jean, 12, Ashburn; Delaney Tomczak, 12, Dumfries; Emma Tupp, 7, Clarksville.
* You can print out the KidsPost News Quiz from the Web -- and read the articles that reveal the answers. Just go to www.washpost.com/nie.