Summer is a time for natural beauty, glossy lips and fresh scents. Here are the essentials for the beach/pool party/road trip:
* Gold dust. It's everywhere, on every skin tone, and accentuates a tan.
* Be compact. Eyeko crams two eyeshadows, blusher, lip gloss and sponge applicator in a palm-size compact.
* Go light. Pick a scent that isn't overwhelming for a late-day pick-me-up or post-beach refresher.
* Always hydrate. Lather on the lotion to keep skin smooth and shiny.
* Gloss away. A layer of tinted lip gloss makes you feel like your tees and shorts are a ballgown.
* Use protection. There are now sunscreens specifically for the face that are moisturizers with the benefit of a high SPF.
* Pack it all away. A good bag makes all the difference -- the one above from Katherine Whitney lets you unbutton the interior and throw it in the wash.
-- Janelle Erlichman Diamond