* www.pgcmls.info. Click on AskUsNow for live answers to your questions 24/7. Four to five librarians at a time are available. Note to teachers: If your entire classroom logs on at once, you'll clog the system. Four kids at a time works. In addition to Tutor.com and AskUsNow, the Prince George's County Library subscribes to dozens of school-related databases, including World Atlas and Biography Resource Center. Click on Subscription Databases under the header "Back to School."
* www.childparenting.about.com. This popular, parent-friendly Web site offers many links to free homework-helper sites, including Webmath.com and Merriam-Webster Word Central. Search under Homework Help.
* www.ajkids.com. The kid version of the ever popular "Ask Jeeves." Type in any question (Recent sample: Who invented television?) and get answers.
* owl.english.purdue.edu/handouts/grammar/ Excellent resource on grammar and usage from Purdue University. Includes worksheets and quizzes.
* School district home pages. Most districts offer many links, usually listed under the heading "Students," "For Students" or "Student's Webpage."
* www.awesomelibrary.org. An extensive Web site offering links to the top five education sites and more. Information in many languages, including Malay and Dutch. Click on the "Studentsbox," then click on homework under "sub topics."