"Can you tell me how to get, how to get to Sesame Street?"
That tune has been coming out of television sets for almost exactly 35 years. Wednesday is the 35th anniversary of the first "Sesame Street" show, which means that not only did you probably -- when you were much younger, of course -- watch the Count count and Oscar grouch and Cookie crumble, but your parents did, too!
When "Sesame Street" started, the world of children's TV was very different. No Disney Channel, no Nickelodeon, no Cartoon Network. Over the years, the show has entertained and taught millions of kids ages 2 to 5. It also has entertained their parents, which is part of the reason for the show's success. Some of the world's most famous people have appeared on "Sesame Street" to impress their kids and grandkids -- including Mel Gibson (who played Hamlet next to Elmo).
In honor of "Sesame Street's" 35th anniversary, KidsPost has picked out some of those famous faces who showed up on "Sesame Street." How many can you identify? (It's okay to ask your folks for help on this one. They probably saw some of these episodes when they were kids!)
1. This first lady read "Wubba Wubba Wubba" to Elmo and Big Bird.
2. This doctor wants you to feel good about yourself.
3. This singer crowed about soaking up the sun with Zoe.
4. This singer brought a mariachi feel to the street.
5. Grungetta really wanted to ride with this astronaut
6. Elmo definitely tickled this secretary general of the United Nations.
7. This actress didn't mind getting close to Oscar.
8. Elmo's friend has a rosy outlook.
9. This soprano wanted to talk to Elmo.