For the create-your-own-cooler picnic:
* So Hot Way Cool translucent storage box with handles, roughly 15 by 9 by 12 inches, $6.99 at Target stores.
* Cool Gear EZ-Freeze storage containers with freezer gel lids; set of three is $3.99, also at Target stores or online at www.coolgearinc.com.
* Icy Cools Reusable Ice Cubes (box of 45) and Ice Mat (10 by 15 inches) contain purified water and are made of food-safe plastic; hand-washable. $3.99 each at Container Stores or www.containerstore.com.
* Rapid Ice Wine Chiller sleeves by Vacu Vin, (67/8 inches tall) $9.99, available at Bed Bath & Beyond, 900 Army Navy Dr., Arlington, 703-415-2613.
* Lorina Sparkling French Berry Lemonade, 750 ml, $3.99 at Wegmans, 11620 Monument Dr., Fairfax (703-653-1600)and 45131 Columbia Pl., Sterling (703-421 2400).
* Prosecco di Valdobbiadene sparkling wine, 750 ml, $9.99 at MacArthur Beverages, 4877 MacArthur Blvd. NW, 202-338-1433.
* Papaya-colored cotton napkins (they also come in blueberry and red-hot chili), 21 inches square, $2.95 each at Crate & Barrel stores; www.crateandbarrel.com.
* Therma Snap reusable insulated thermal food bags keep food hot or cold (12 by 15 inches, $1.99; 20 by 20 inches, $3.99), at Balducci's markets in Alexandria, Bethesda, McLean and Northwest Washington.
NOTE: The Bormioli Frigoverre glass plate with lid (101/2 by 73/4 inches) we used to transport the egg-white halves for the guacamole eggs has been discontinued since our picnic photograph on Page F1 was taken.
For the disposable picnic:
* California Innovations 40-Can Collapsible Cooler with shoulder strap (111/4 by 131/2 by 113/4 inches), $19.99 on sale at some Container Stores.
* Honest Ade Limeade organic citrus quenchers (15.5 ounces), $1.49, available at Mayorga Coffee Roasters stores in D.C. and Maryland; and at M.O.M (My Organic Market) stores in Rockville, College Park and Alexandria.