The weekly magazine Time Out, available at most London newstands, has listings for West End, Off-West End and Fringe theaters. The online version at www.timeout.com/london can be downloaded for about $4.25 per issue. The following Web sites are also good sources of information on the London theater scene:
* www.officiallondontheatre.co.uk. The official London Theatre Guide, run by the Society of London Theatre, is the best site for current and accurate information on what's playing, news, buying tickets, deals, hotel packages and the discount tkts booth -- everything but reviews.
* www.londontheatre.co.uk. The London Theatre Guide features a rating system and links to full reviews from British publications.
* www.visitlondon.com. Visit London, the city's official Web site, features an events section and lists restaurants by neighborhood, with pre- and post-theater menus.
* www.whatsonstage.com. Whats- onstage.com offers listings, reviews, discounts and "goss" (humorously written gossip).
* www.visitbritain.com. Visit Britain, the official government Web site, has a special theater section with a primer on buying tickets and links to online schedules; click on Practical Information, then Theatre Tickets. A monthly guide to theater and events in London, "The London Planner," is available at 800-462-2748.
-- Susan Davidson