* Rooms at the Libertel hotel chain in Lyon and Paris have been discounted by as much as 50 percent this summer. Prices are $90 to $155 a day depending on hotel; usual rates are $130 to $264. Deal is good June 25-Sept. 5. Book through a travel agent or at www.libertel-hotels.com.
* Buy a ticket on United, United Express or Ted and get a free third day on a Hertz car rental. Book flight by July 22; travel by Sept. 30. Car must be booked for at least three days, including a Saturday, in the United States or Canada. Book at www.hertz.com or 800-654-2210 (discount number CDP 62455 and promotional coupon PC 953503).
* Hooked on fishing? Then look at Tico Travel's four-for-three-people "Fishing for a Tarpon & Snook Deal" to Casa Mar Lodge in Costa Rica. Four-night price for four is $5,235; usual price is $1,745 per person. Deal -- good Sept. 1-Dec. 31 -- includes lodging, four days of guided fishing, transfers, meals and beverages. Info: 800-493-8426, www.ticotravel.com.
* Cruise from L.A. to Baja, Mexico, for four nights starting at $224 per person double with a Hotwire deal. The Nov. 1 sailing of Royal Caribbean's Monarch of the Sea is $501 per couple for an inside cabin, including taxes and processing fee. If you buy from the cruise line, cabins start at $359 per person double. Details: 800-CRUISING, www.hotwire.com.
* A "Cote D'Azur & Spanish Isles" cruise aboard the Seabourn Legend starts at $2,495 per person double -- nearly 60 percent off the brochure rate. The seven-night jaunt departs Aug. 22 from Nice, France. Taxes are $15 extra. Cabins assigned after purchase. Info: 800-929-9391, www.seabourn.com.
* Air New Zealand and Qantas have Web-only sale fares to Auckland. Round-trip from L.A. is $698 on both, plus about $65 in taxes and fees; fare on other carriers is about $950. Sale fares from D.C. are available, but it's cheaper to book D.C.-to-L.A. flights separately. On Air New Zealand (www.airnewzealand.com), depart Aug. 1-31 and return no later than Oct. 1; buy by July 11. On Qantas (www.qantasusa.com), depart July 24-Aug. 31 and return by Sept. 30; buy by June 30.
* Book a round-trip flight from New York to London on British Airways and get two nights' free hotel. The deal, based on two people traveling, is good June 22-Dec. 17. Fares vary; through Sept. 1, for example, round-trip midweek fare is $578, plus $119 in taxes. Nine hotels are participating; value ranges from $46 to $104 a night. Buy by June 25. Info: 800-AIRWAYS, www.britishairways.com.
* Fly business class on new nonstop service between Newark and Singapore and get a two-for-one deal from Singapore Air (800-742-3333, www.singaporeair.com). The first passenger pays $6,162 plus $80 taxes. Second passenger on same flights pays taxes only. Good June 28-Aug. 20.
* Spend a long weekend in Tokyo for less than the price of airfare with Virgin Vacations. The three-night "Tokyo Super Special" starts at $764 per person double with round-trip air from Dulles and lodging at the Shinagawa Prince Hotel. Taxes and fees are $94 more. Travel Oct. 27-Dec. 11; book by June 24. Priced separately, air is $954 and the hotel about $110 a night; total savings is about $261 per person. Info: 888-YES-VIRGIN, www.virgin-vacations.com.
* Take the kids to Maui on the cheap, but hurry -- deadline to book is today. United Vacations (888-854-3899, www.unitedvacations.com) has a package with round-trip air from L.A. that can save a family of four more than $1,000 on a five-night stay. The deal, with lodging at the Ohana Maui Islander, starts at $774 per adult and $250 per child age 17 and under. Add round-trip air from D.C. to L.A. for about $230 per person. Priced separately, round-trip air from L.A. to Maui is $632 ($807 from D.C. to Maui), and the hotel is $758 for five nights. Complete travel by Aug. 25.
-- Carol Sottili
Prices were verified and available on Thursday afternoon when the Travel section went to press. However, deals sell out quickly and are not guaranteed to be available. Restrictions such as day of travel, blackout dates and advance-purchase requirements sometimes apply.