* A six-night inn-to-inn horseback-riding tour through France's Provence is half price for one member of each couple. Cross Country International is offering the deal on select August-November tours. The first person pays the regular rate of $1,890, the second pays $945. Deal includes lodging, meals, guided trail rides/horse and taxes; air is extra. Info: 800-828-8768, www.equestrianvacations.com.
* Members of Hyatt's Gold Passport frequent-guest program qualify for one free night for every two stays paid with a MasterCard. Earn free nights by Sept. 30; redeem by Nov. 30. Free nights can be earned at one hotel and used at another. Deal is good at 210 Hyatt hotels worldwide. Taxes extra. Info: 800-233-1234, www.hyatt.com.
* Fly United and book at a Marriott property for three nights, including a Saturday, and get the third night free. To qualify, fly by Sept. 2. The free night can be used through Dec. 25 at Marriott, Renaissance, Courtyard, Residence Inn, Fairfield Inn, TownePlace Suites and SpringHill Suites properties. Info: 800-UNITED-1, www.united.com, or 866-775-5566, www.marriott.com.
* Military personnel, teachers, firefighters and police officers can take advantage of reduced cruise fares from CruiseOne and Holland America on select fall and winter sailings. For example, pay $499 per person double plus $83 taxes for a seven-day cruise of the Western Caribbean on the Zuiderdam departing Sept. 4 -- a savings of $228 off the lowest regular fare. Info: 800-CRUISEONE, www.cruiseone.com.
* Take a transatlantic cruise on the Costa Atlantica or Costa Mediterranea and save more than $1,000 per person. The deal is good on the ships' Savona, Italy, to Fort Lauderdale, Fla., sailings Nov. 4 and Dec. 7, and the reverse itinerary April 10 and April 17. For example, pay $1,649 per person double for an inside stateroom on the 16-night April 10 sailing; usual fare starts at $2,999. Taxes of about $50 are extra. Info: 800-462-6782, www.costacruises.com.
* Crystal Cruises is offering further reductions on Alaska cruise fares for August and September voyages. For example, a 12-day cruise on the Crystal Harmony departing San Francisco Sept. 15 that was discounted to half-price in May has been reduced by another $600 per person; cost per person double is now $1,995, plus one child under 12 sails free per couple. Info: 866-446-6625, www.crystalcruises.com.
* Fares from Los Angeles to several South Pacific islands are on sale at Air New Zealand. Fly round trip to Papeete, Tahiti, for example, for $650, plus $80 in taxes. Fare on other airlines is $975. Sale fares also available to Fiji, the Cook Islands, Samoa and Tonga. Purchase at www.airnzdeals.com/usa. Travel Sept. 20-Dec. 8 for lowest rates.
* If you're willing to take a chance during hurricane season, US Airways is offering sale fares to islands throughout the Caribbean. For example, round-trip fare between BWI and Aruba is $280, plus $96 in taxes; fare between Washington Dulles and St. Thomas is $412. Fare to either island is often more than $700. Other airlines are matching in select markets. Buy by Aug. 6; travel by Nov. 11. Info: 800-428-4322, www.usairways.com.
* Trafalgar Tours is offering half-price companion airfares on many of its escorted tours to Europe. For example, a seven-night "Real Ireland" tour with round-trip air from Washington Dulles to Dublin, lodging, many meals, daily sightseeing trips and escorted motorcoach transport is $2,678 per couple. The price includes $240 off one air ticket. Book by Aug. 15 or 30, depending on airline. Travel November-March. Info: 866-247-9880, www.trafalgar.com.
* Into alternative and club music? Check out the Iceland Airwaves festival in Reykjavik on Oct. 20-24. An Icelandair package to the festival, featuring dozens of bands, is being discounted by $100 per person. For $449 per person double, you get round-trip air from BWI, two nights' hotel and festival passes; taxes are $98 extra. Buy by Aug. 5. Info: 800-779-2899, www.icelandair.com.
-- Carol Sottili
Prices were verified and available on Thursday afternoon when the Travel section went to press. However, deals sell out quickly and are not guaranteed to be available. Restrictions such as day of travel, blackout dates and advance-purchase requirements sometimes apply.