The What's the Deal? column in the Aug. 22 Travel section listed an incorrect price for a Bordeaux tour offered by Music and Markets. The price is $2,195, not $2,100. (Published 8/24/04)
* Music and Markets, which specializes in classical music tours, is offering a discount of more than $500 per person on its trip to Bordeaux, France, departing Oct. 3. The weeklong tour, usually $2,700, is now $2,100 for single or double occupancy. Price includes meals, six nights' lodging in three towns, concerts, ground transportation and taxes; airfare is extra. Info: 877-260-6383, www.musicetc.us.
* Looking for a late-summer trip? Take the kids to Columbus, Ohio, and get a special deal that includes Six Flags Wyandot Lake water park tickets. For $139 for a family of four, you get a night at the Crowne Plaza Hotel, four tickets to the water park, hotel parking and full breakfast for four. Priced separately, the package would cost at least $256. Taxes are an extra $23. Call 614-461-4100 and ask for the "Splash-a-Go-Go" package.
* Budget Rent a Car's fall savings promotion is offering car rental deals at off-airport locations. For example, pay $18 a day (two-day minimum) or $129 a week for a compact car. Car deal applies Aug. 15-Nov. 15; minivan/SUV promo begins Aug. 22. Taxes extras; five-day advance reservation required. Ask for discount U030133 for weekends and U030126 for weekly rates. Info: 800-BUDGET-7, www.budget.com/fallsavings.
* Book a European cruise in 2005 on Oceania Cruises and get free round-trip airfare and two-for-one cruise fares. For example, after discounts, a 10-day Athens-to-Rome cruise departing April 27 or Oct. 18, 2005, starts at $1,700 per person double with round-trip air from Dulles or BWI. Fees, port charges and air taxes are an additional $569 each. Priced separately, airfare in April is about $775. Book by Aug. 31. Info: 800-531-5619, www.oceaniacruises.com.
* Luxury cruise line Seabourn is offering 60 percent off a 13-day sailing that departs Quebec Oct. 10 and ends in Alexandria. Price starts at $2,995 per person. Guest chef Charlie Palmer will join the ship for the last six days. Taxes are $85 per person extra. Info: 800-929-9391, www.seabourn.com.
* A seven-night Mediterranean cruise departing Oct. 30 from Barcelona on Royal Caribbean's Splendour of the Seas is sale priced starting at $759 per person double, a savings of more than $900 from the brochure rate. Rate includes taxes and port charges. Info: 800-327-6700, www.royalcaribbean.com.
* Fly for as little as $29 each way with Independence Air's sale out of Dulles. For example, a round-trip ticket to Pittsburgh is $76.70, including taxes. Sale fares are good from Aug. 29 until Dec. 19; book by Aug. 30. Blackouts apply. Purchase 14 days in advance at www.flyi.com. US Airways and United are matching in select markets.
* Ted, United's discount carrier, has sale fares to Florida. Fly from Dulles to Fort Lauderdale for $117 round trip, including taxes, through Dec. 15. Buy by Aug. 31. A 14-day advance purchase is required. Other airlines are matching. Info: 800-225-5833, www.flyted.com.
* Fly from Dulles to Sacramento or Oakland, Calif., for $89 each way on JetBlue. With taxes, round-trip fare comes to $198, about $26 cheaper than carriers. Travel Sept. 7-Dec. 15. Two-week advance purchase required; book by Aug. 26. Blackouts apply. Purchase at www.jetblue.com.
* If you're 50 or older, take a look at Grand Circle Travel's 16-day tour of Italy's Amalfi Coast and Tuscany. The trip is $1,795 per person double, including round-trip air from Dulles to Rome; lodging; 27 meals; six sightseeing tours; and guided motor coach travel. Taxes are about $93 extra. Best prices are for January departures. Priced separately, air and hotel would be about $1,849. Info: 800-959-0405, www.gct.com.
-- Carol Sottili
Prices were verified and available on Thursday afternoon when the Travel section went to press. However, deals sell out quickly and are not guaranteed to be available. Restrictions such as day of travel, blackout dates and advance-purchase requirements sometimes apply.