* Rent a minivan, SUV or 12-passenger van from Avis this summer and get up to three free child safety seats. Each child seat typically costs about $8 a day. Request promo code UUWA009 when booking. Coupon must be printed from www.avis.com/familysafety and presented at the counter; rental must begin by Sept. 5.
* Mammoth Mountain in California is offering a July 4 package that includes a ski lift ticket, a round of golf at the Sierra Star Golf Course, a mountain bike park pass and lodging from $105 per person double per night. Priced separately, the deal would start at $261 a night. Package is good June 30-July 5, and a minimum of two nights' lodging is required. Info: www.mammothmountain.com. Call 800-MAMMOTH to book.
* Relatives coming in for July 4? Put them up at the Fairmont Washington D.C. on M Street, which has "Thrill of Independence" rates from $139 a night. Deal is good June 30-July 9. Discounted rates typically start at about $189 a night, and rack rate is $499. Advance purchase of 14 days required; taxes of 14.5 percent are extra. Request promo code PRTOI1; book at www.fairmont.com/washington.
* Book a cruise on Alaska's Prince William Sound with Glacier Bay Cruiseline and save $1,500 per person. The deal is good on all cabin levels. For example, cabins start at $2,999 on the June 10, 17, 24 and Aug. 5 sailings; price after discount starts at $1,499, plus $55 in port charges and taxes. Price is the same for single or double occupancy. Info: 800-451-5952, www.glacierbaycruiseline.com.
* Take a six-day luxury cruise on the Thames aboard the four-cabin Magna Carta between Aug. 7 and April 23 and get a free night at London's Stafford Hotel. Cruise rates start at $3,690 per person double. Hotel typically starts at $418 a night. Info: 011-44-7836-551-912, www.magna-carta.co.uk.
* Skipper your own catamaran in the Caribbean and get seven nights for the price of six. NauticBlue is offering the package out of Tortola in the British Virgin Islands starting at $745 per person, based on four people; free night is worth $495. Insurance is an extra $45 a day; lowest prices available July 25-Oct. 20. Info: 800-416-0224, www.nauticblue.com.
* Frontier Airlines will offer introductory fares on its new service to Fresno, Calif., scheduled to begin Aug. 31. The round-trip fare from BWI or Reagan National is $225, plus $58 in taxes; fare on other airlines starts at about $300. Advance purchase of 14 days required. Buy by June 30; travel Aug. 31-Feb. 16. Info: 800-432-1FLY, www.frontierairlines.com.
* Fly from New York to Manila for $837 round trip, including $137 taxes. with a deal from Cathay Pacific. Purchase by June 30 at www.cathay-usa.com/dotm, and depart Sept. 1-Nov. 15. Fare starts at $1,182 on other airlines.
* A late summer/early fall package to Paris, including round-trip airfare from Washington and five nights' accommodations at the Roma Sacre Coeur hotel in the 18th arrondissement, starts at $749 per person double, plus $150 in taxes and fees. France Vacations is offering the deal for midweek travel Sept. 1-Oct. 31. Priced separately, air in September is about $712 and the hotel $115 a night. Info: 800-332-5332, www.francevacations.net.
* Virginia and D.C. residents can spend three nights in Stowe, Vt., starting at $471 per person double, plus about $34 in taxes, with a package from the Stowe Area Association. The deal includes round-trip air on Independence Air, a four-day mid-size Thrifty car rental, twilight golf greens fees at Stowe Country Club, a spa package with massage and lunch, and three nights at the Stoweflake Mountain Resort & Spa. Priced separately, the deal would cost about $638. A D.C. or Virginia license is required at check-in. Info: 877-GOSTOWE, www.gostowe.com/dc.
-- Carol Sottili
Prices were verified and available on Thursday afternoon when the Travel section went to press. However, deals sell out quickly and are not guaranteed to be available. Restrictions such as day of travel, blackout dates and advance-purchase requirements sometimes apply.