* The Tides Inn on the Chesapeake Bay in Irvington, Va., is offering a second room at half price. Book a room starting at $195 a night for at least two consecutive Sunday-Thursday nights and receive a second room starting at $97.50. Taxes are 7 percent more, and the service fee is $14 per night per room. Promotion good through Sept. 30. Info: 800-843-3746, www.tidesinn.com.
* Via Rail has discounted by 30 percent its new Easterly Class between Montreal and Halifax for Sept. 10-Oct. 31 travel. The overnight rail trip with accommodations in a double bedroom is about $205 per person each way after discount, plus $31 in taxes. Info: 888-VIA-RAIL, www.viarail.ca.
* If you share a name with one of last year's hurricanes -- Charley, Frances, Ivan or Jeanne -- Noble House Hotels & Resorts in Florida is offering a variety of discounts at its five properties. For example, at the Shores Resort & Spa in Daytona Beach, rooms are discounted by 30 percent through Nov. 30, starting at $166 a night plus 12.5 percent taxes. Info: www.noblehouseoffers.com.
* Norwegian has deals on the Pride of America, the first new U.S.-flagged ship to be put into service in 50 years. Discounts apply to many of the ship's Hawaii sailings. The Aug. 27 seven-night sailing is a good example: When a family of four shares a cabin, the first two guests pay full fare -- starting at $946 each, plus $61 in taxes -- and the next two pay $299 each, plus $34 in taxes. Info: 800-327-7030, www.ncl.com.
* Children 16 and under sharing a cabin with their parents cruise free with a Picasso Tours deal. The discount applies to a seven-night Thanksgiving Mediterranean cruise on the Oceanic departing Barcelona Nov. 21. Price for adults starts at $779 per person double; children pay port charges of about $200 each. The adult price includes port charges and fuel surcharges. All beverages except premium spirits are also included. Info: 800-995-7997, www.picassotours.com.
* Book a China cruise tour with Viking River Cruises -- which includes four nights on the Yangtze River, six nights' lodging in China, 12 tours and shore excursions, transfers, intra-China flights and port charge -- and pay $499 for round-trip airfare from Washington to China. The 10-night itinerary, with departures in July and August, starts at $2,079 per person double, plus air. Buy by June 24; ask for offer 09Echo. Air booked separately would cost at least $1,494. Info: 877-66-VIKING, www.vikingrivercruises.com.
* Midwest Airlines has sale fares to destinations in Wisconsin and Michigan. Round-trip fare from Reagan National to La Crosse, Wis., for example, is $196, including taxes. Northwest is matching in select markets. Book by tonight at www.midwestairlines.com and complete travel by Nov. 20. Seven-day advance purchase required.
* America West has sale fares to destinations in Colorado, Utah, Idaho, Nevada and Montana. For example, fly round trip from BWI to Colorado Springs for $283, including taxes. Other airlines are matching on select routes. Book at www.americawest.com by tonight; travel through Sept. 30. Fourteen-day advance purchase required and blackout dates apply.
* Spend three nights in Krakow, Prague or Budapest Sept. 1-Oct. 31 for $799 per person double. Austrian Airlines' "City Steals" package includes round-trip air from Washington Dulles and lodging. Taxes are an extra $115. Priced separately, the package to Prague, for example, would start at about $1,036. Fourteen-day advance purchase required. Info: 800-790-4682, www.austrianair-vacations.com.
* Save up to $500 per person on several Virgin Vacations packages to South Africa. For example, a 13-night "Cape to Kruger" escorted vacation with round-trip air from Washington Dulles and lodging, is $5,339 per person double, including taxes -- before the $500 discount. Book by June 27, depart by Sept. 9. Info: 888-YES-VIRGIN, www.virgin-vacations.com.
-- Carol Sottili
Prices were verified and available on Thursday afternoon when the Travel section went to press. However, deals sell out quickly and are not guaranteed to be available. Restrictions such as day of travel, blackout dates and advance-purchase requirements sometimes apply.