* La Dolce Vita Wine Tours has $400-per- person discounts on two September tours in Italy. The six-night Piedmont & Cinque Terre Trails tour has been reduced to $2,095 per person double and the five-night Tuscan Wine Treasures tour is $1,995 per person double. Price includes most meals, lodging and wine tastings; air is extra. Info: 888-746-0022, www.dolcetours.com.
* The four-diamond Osthoff Resort on the shores of Elkhart Lake in Wisconsin has grand-opening rates from $150 a night for its new North Wing accommodations. The deal is available through summer and fall; rates usually start at $210 a night during high season, May 27-Sept. 30. Taxes are 9 percent extra. Info: 800-876-3399, www.osthoff.com.
* Several European members of the Small Luxury Hotels of the World (www.slh.com) have euro-to-dollar even exchange rates for stays in July and August. For example, Pavillone de la Reine in Paris has rooms starting at $290 a night; at current exchange rates, that's a savings of about $60. For participating hotels, call 800-525-4800.
* A nine-night Caribbean cruise aboard Royal Caribbean's Grandeur of the Seas departing Baltimore on Sept. 2 starts at $699 per person double (plus about $27 in taxes) for an inside cabin. Usual brochure rate starts at $899. Info: 866-562-7625, www.royalcaribbean.com.
* America West Steamboat Co. has reduced rates or free air on select October and November departures from Portland, Ore., on its two sternwheelers, the Empress of the North and the Queen of the West. Get 50 percent off companion rates on six November departures and free air to Portland on three October departures. Pre-discount rates start at $1,799 per person double; air to Portland is about $348. Port charges are about $134 extra. Info: 800-434-1232, www.americaweststeamboat.com.
* Take a Globus river cruise on the Danube this November and fly round trip from New York or Boston to Europe for $99 per person. The deal is good on seven 10- and 12-night cruises. For example, the 12-night Blue Danube Discovery cruise, which usually starts at $2,201 with air, now starts at $1,798 including air. Air taxes of $125, fuel surcharge of about $100 and port charges of $63 are extra. Book by July 15. Info: 866-755-8581, www.globusjourneys.com.
* Air New Zealand has a round-trip sale fare from L.A. to Auckland of $721, plus $129 in taxes and fuel surcharges. Add the round-trip fare from D.C. to L.A. -- about $200 -- and the total is $1,050. Priced separately, the round-trip fare from L.A. is $948 on other airlines and from Washington about $1,417. Buy at www.airnewzealand.com.
* Fly from New York to Italy in July for $599 round trip, plus $145 in taxes. Eurofly has the introductory fares on its new nonstop service to Bologna. Round-trip fare is $699 plus taxes in August, $399 Sept. 1-8 and $499 Sept. 11-18. Buy by July 8. July fare on other airlines starts at $1,285 round trip from New York and $1,333 from D.C. Info: 800-459-0581, www.euroflyusa.com.
* Ritz Tours has a 14-night "Tantalizing Thailand" escorted tour that includes round-trip air from New York to Bangkok, air between Bangkok and Chaiang Rai, lodging in four- and five-star hotels, 10 sightseeing tours, breakfasts and several lunches and dinners for $1,499 per person double, plus $162 in taxes. Lowest prices available on September-early December departures. Priced separately, air and hotels would cost about $100 more than the package. Info: 800-900-2446, www.ritztours.com.
* A weeklong vacation in Barbados starts at $600 per person double, including air from Reagan National on American Airlines. The deal, from Liberty Travel, includes lodging at the two-star Time Out at the Gap hotel, breakfasts and transfers. Priced separately, air and hotel would cost about $898. Sale price applies to midweek travel Aug. 20-Dec. 13. Info: 888-271-1584, www.libertytravel.com.
-- Carol Sottili
Prices were verified and available on Thursday afternoon when the Travel section went to press. However, deals sell out quickly and are not guaranteed to be available. Restrictions such as day of travel, blackout dates and advance-purchase requirements sometimes apply.