* Metro-Home, a provider of apartment accommodations in Manhattan, has a sale on July stays. Studio apartments, usually $249 a night, start at $185, and one-bedrooms, usually $299, are $249. The deal includes a restaurant gift certificate worth $10 to $20. Taxes range from 5 to 13.65 percent, depending on length of stay, plus $4 to $6 per night. Info: 800-987-1235, www.metro-home.com.
* Island Hideaways has deals on 20 villas throughout Barbados. Stay for 14 nights and pay for 10 nights, or stay for seven nights and pay for five. For example, the three-bedroom Caprice at Old Trees Bay, which usually rents for $6,020 a week, is $4,300. Deal is good through Sept. 30. Info: 800-832-2302, www.islandhideaways.com.
* Boston is holding its fifth annual restaurant week Aug. 22-26. Ninety-five restaurants, including 13 in Cambridge, six in the theater district and seven in the North End, will offer $20.05 three-course prix fixe lunches and/or $30.05 three-course dinners. For a list of participants, contact the Greater Boston Convention & Visitors Bureau, 888-733-2678, www.bostonusa.com.
* A nine-night cruise aboard the M/V Polar Star to Canada's Newfoundland, Labrador, and Nova Scotia has been discounted by 50 percent by Expedition Trips. The cruise, which departs St. Johns, Newfoundland, on Sept 23, starts at $1,488 per person double, including port charges and taxes. Info: 877-412-8527, www.expeditiontrips.com.
* France Cruises is discounting 12 summer departures of its canal and river barge excursions throughout France by more than 30 percent. The seven-day cruises start at $1,250 per person double (usual fare is $1,890); deal includes regional wines with meals and all sightseeing. Info: 866-498-3920, www.francecruises.com.
* Two cruises to South America aboard the 122-passenger Clipper Adventurer are 25 percent off, or 40 percent if both are booked. The 12-night "Exploring the Route of the Conquistadors" cruise departing Oct. 6 from Panama starts at $3,653 per person double, and the 15-night "Treasurers of Western South America" departing Peru Oct. 18 is $4,185. Book both cruises back-to-back starting at $6,180 per person double, a savings of $4,100. Port charges, taxes and tips are included. Info: 800-325-0010, www.clippercruise.com.
* Southwest has a system-wide sale for late summer and fall travel with fares as low as $39 each way. For example, fly from BWI to Buffalo for $49 each way, including $10 in taxes. Buy tickets by Aug. 4 at www.southwest.com and travel Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Saturdays from Aug. 18 through Oct. 28. Fourteen-day advance purchase is required.
* Fly from BWI to Reykjavik, Iceland, in August for $599 round trip, including taxes. The fare is good for travel Monday-Thursday Aug. 15-31; fare drops by another $100 for travel Sept. 1-15. Weekend travel is $50 more round trip. Fare on other airlines starts at $752. No advance purchase is necessary, but seats are limited. Sale ends July 15. Info: 800-223-5500, www.icelandair.com.
* Club Med has discounted seven-night all-inclusive packages to properties in the Dominican Republic's Punta Cana, Turks & Caicos and Cancun this fall. Price at Club Turkoise in Turks & Caicos, for example, including air from D.C. on US Airways, starts at $1,264 per person double, plus about $119 taxes and membership fees. Usual price is $1,730. The deal is good Sept. 3-Dec. 16; book by July 29 at 800-CLUB-MED.
* A package that includes five nights at the four-star Marriott Plaza Hotel in Buenos Aires, round-trip air from Miami, transfers, a city tour and breakfasts is $649 per person double, plus $185 taxes, through Analie Tours. Departures are available July-September. Priced separately, air is about $718 and the hotel $170 a night. Info: 800-811-6027, www.analietours.com.
-- Carol Sottili
Prices were verified and available on Thursday afternoon when the Travel section went to press. However, deals sell out quickly and are not guaranteed to be available. Restrictions such as day of travel, blackout dates and advance-purchase requirements sometimes apply.