* Need a long getaway? Settle into a room at the Arawak Beach Inn in Anguilla for at least three months and pay $745 a month for up to two people. The deal is good through Dec. 21; taxes of 10 percent are extra. Rooms typically cost at least $99 a night ($2,970 a month). Info: 877-4-ARAWAK, www.arawakbeach.com.
* Book a room through Priceline at more than 12,000 hotels and receive a $10 American Express gift cheque for every night up to 10 nights; the cheques can be used like cash at most retail outlets. Book by July 31 at www.priceline.com and complete travel by Sept. 1; offer does not apply to name-your-own-price purchases.
* Portola Plaza Hotel in Monterey, Calif., is offering a "Summer Sleepover at the Sea" deal for a family of four that includes two nights' accommodations, breakfasts, tickets to the Monterey Bay Aquarium, bicycle or kayak rentals and other goodies for $499, plus 10 percent in taxes. Priced separately, the package would cost at least $640. Deal is good through Labor Day. Info: 888-222-5851, www.portolaplaza.com.
* Travelocity is offering a sale on 10 cruise lines that includes reduced rates and such extras as ship credits and shore excursions. For example, a 10-day Caribbean cruise on the Norwegian Dawn sailing from New York Dec. 1 starts at $699 per person double, plus about $100 in taxes, a discount of about $200 per person off usual rates. Each cabin also receives a $150 shipboard credit and a cruise coupon booklet, with deals on photos, wine, etc. Book by July 28. Info: 877-815-5446, www.travelocity.com.
* Mountain Travel Sobek is offering nearly 30 percent off Alaska Discovery's whitewater rafting trips on the Tatshenshini River. The eight-night trips, which depart from Haines, Alaska, on July 30 and Aug. 11, cost $2,118 per person; usual cost is $2,967. Info: 800-586-1911, www.alaskadiscovery.com.
* Take a weeklong Windstar cruise from Barbados starting at $1,616 per person double, plus $43 in taxes, with a deal from Icruise.com and receive a $200 per cabin ship credit. American Express Platinum members also get an additional $300 per-cabin ship credit. The deal is good on the Dec. 4 sailing of the Wind Surf; price from cruise line starts at $1,769. Info: 866-9-ICRUISE, www.icruise.com.
* The Qantas Aussie AirPass is available for purchase through Aug. 31. The $999 pass, good for travel through June 30, includes round-trip air from Los Angeles to Sydney, Melbourne or Brisbane, plus domestic air to two additional cities within Zone 1, a group of cities in the country's southeast quandrant. Other cities are available for an additional fee. Taxes are about $137 more. Priced separately, air from Los Angeles to Sydney is $1,016. Info: 800-227-4603, www.qantasusa.com.
* JetBlue has fall sale fares from Washington Dulles of $49 each way to Fort Lauderdale, Fla., and $99 each way to four cities in California. The round-trip fare to San Diego, for example, is $218 with taxes. Book by Aug. 10, travel Sept. 6-Dec. 14; blackout dates apply. Info: 800-JETBLUE, www.jetblue.com.
* Hit the slopes this summer with a ski vacation deal from LanVacations. For $1,344 per person double, the package includes round-trip air from Dulles to Santiago, Chile; two nights at the Tarapaca Hotel in Santiago; three nights at the Valle Nevado ski resort, with room, meals and lift tickets; and transfers. Taxes are $149 extra. Priced separately, air is $981, the resort $555 per person and the hotel about $75 a night, for a total savings of more than $235 per couple. Travel Aug. 26-Sept. 30. Info: 800-435-3593, www.lanvacations.com.
* Spend Thanksgiving in Italy with a deal from Tourcrafters starting at $699 per person double, plus about $200 in taxes. It includes round-trip air from Washington to Rome departing Nov. 20, 21 or 23, three nights' lodging in Rome, three nights in Tuscany, three days' car rental and breakfasts. Priced separately, the package would cost about $110 more per person. Info: 800-ITALY95, www.tourcrafters.com.
-- Carol Sottili
Prices were verified and available on Thursday afternoon when the Travel section went to press. However, deals sell out quickly and are not guaranteed to be available. Restrictions such as day of travel, blackout dates and advance-purchase requirements sometimes apply.