A What's the Deal? item in the Aug. 7 Travel section misstated the price of a Bali-Hong Kong package from Go-today.com. The price is $1,329, plus $190 in taxes. (Published 8/11/2005)
* Book a four-night stay in Virginia Beach between Aug. 15 and Sept. 1 and receive a fifth night free. A dozen properties are participating in the promotion, sponsored by the Virginia Beach Convention & Visitors Bureau. A five-night package at the Ramada Inn on the Beach, for example, is $632 -- a savings of more than $150. Book at www.vbfun.com; call 800-VA-BEACH for info.
* Save more than $500 on a three-night luxury package at London's Duke Hotel. The deal, which starts at $1,195 for two, includes accommodations, breakfasts, chauffeur-driven airport transfers, and chocolates and flowers delivered to the room. The package typically costs $1,758. Taxes are 17.5 percent extra. Deal is good through Sept. 4. Info: 011-44-207-491-4840, www.dukeshotel.com.
* If everyone is visiting you this summer, or you want to vacation close to home, the Fairfax County Convention & Visitors Corp. is offering a "Passport to Adventure" program, good through Labor Day, that includes discounted rates at 25 hotels with free breakfasts. For example, the weekend nightly rate at the Residence Inn Fair Lakes is $89, plus 9 percent in taxes; usual rate starts at $109. Deal also includes other discounts, such as $2 off admission to Mount Vernon. Info: 800-732-4732, www.visitfairfax.org.
* Costa is offering discounts on a cruise aboard the Costa Victoria to Greece, departing Venice on Nov. 14. The seven-night cruise starts at $799 per person double, plus $15 in taxes, for an interior cabin; brochure rate is $1,499. Info: 800-GO-COSTA, www.costacruise.com.
* Carnival is offering discounted fares and stateroom upgrades for bookings made by Sept. 2. For example, a four-day Bahamas cruise departing Nov. 27 from Port Canaveral, Fla., starts at $631 per couple, including taxes, for an interior cabin; brochure rate starts at $849 per person. Promo is good on most three- to eight-day sailings through April 2. Info: 800-CARNIVAL, www.carnival.com.
* Cruise West is offering 10-day Alaska cruises for the price of seven on select departures in early September. The Gold Rush Inside Passage cruise, which travels between Seattle and Juneau, is now priced starting at $3,879 per person double including taxes and port charges. Info: 888-851-8133, www.cruisewest.com.
* Independence Air has a systemwide sale from Washington Dulles, with fares starting at $39 each way to Boston and Pittsburgh. Round-trip ticket to Boston, for example, is $97; fare on other airlines is $121. Travel through Dec. 17; seven-day advance purchase required. Blackout dates apply. Book by tomorrow at 800-FLY-FLYI ($5 additional) or www.flyi.com.
* United has sale fares on more than 20,000 domestic and international routes. For example, fly round trip from Dulles to Tampa, Fla., for $100. Purchase by Aug. 12. Most domestic fares are good for travel through Nov. 17. Other airlines are matching in select markets. Info: 800-UNITED-1, www.united.com.
* Take a trip to Hong Kong and Bali with a deal from Go-today.com. The $1,199 per person double package includes round-trip air from D.C. to Bali with a return from Hong Kong; airfare from Bali to Hong Kong; five nights' hotel in Bali; three nights in Hong Kong; half-day tour in Hong Kong; breakfasts; and transfers. Taxes are an extra $190. Book by Sept. 8; travel Sept. 1-20. Priced separately, air would cost $1,726. Info: 800-227-3235, www.go-today.com.
* King Tut and his bling-bling are at the Los Angeles County Museum of Art through Nov. 15, and American Express Travel has discounted packages to the exhibit. A three-night package for two that includes air from Dulles, accommodations and exhibit tickets is priced from about $865. Priced separately, the deal would cost about $165 more per couple. Info: 877-253-4978, www.americanexpressvacations.com/tut.htm.
-- Carol Sottili
Prices were verified and available on Thursday afternoon when the Travel section went to press. However, deals sell out quickly and are not guaranteed to be available. Restrictions such as day of travel, blackout dates and advance-purchase requirements sometimes apply.