* Older travelers can enjoy the Nantucket, Mass., foliage with the Harbor House Village's 50/50 program, which cuts rates in half. Rooms start at $60 a night when at least one guest is age 50 or older. The deal is available Sunday-Thursday, from Sept. 5 to Oct. 23. Taxes of 9.7 percent are extra. Info: 866-325-9300, www.harborhousevillage.com.
* AmericanAirlines Vacations has various Ireland land packages, including castle stays, free Irish coffee and a Dublin city tour. For example, the $327 "Dublin Experience" includes three nights at the Burlington Hotel (with the third night free), Irish breakfast, bus tour, two-day Dublin pass and taxes. By comparison, three nights at the Burlington alone exceeds $300. Prices are per person double; travel dates vary. Info: 800-321-2121, www.aavacations.com.
* You won't need to hit the jackpot to stay at the upscale Venetian resort in Las Vegas, with suites from $169 a night through Oct. 23. The Sunday-Thursday rates include a Venezia tower upgrade, $10 off admission for two at Madame Tussauds, and dining and shopping discounts. Usual rates are almost twice as much. Info: 866-263-3003, www.venetian.com. Mention code GWINO8D.
* Grand Circle Travel, which caters to seniors, is taking up to $1,000 off its fall Eastern European "cruisetours," which include air from Newark or New York and some land stays and excursions. On September departures of the 13-day "Eastern Europe to the Black Sea," travelers save a grand each on the $1,795 per-person double trips; for October dates, cost is $1,995. The river cruise tour visits Hungary, Croatia, Serbia-Montenegro, Bulgaria and Romania. Port charges of $75 and taxes of up to $233 are extra. The trips typically cost $2,795 and $2,595, respectively. Info: 800-248-3737, www.gct.com.
* CruisesOnly (800-278-4737, www.cruisesonly.com) has a Celebrity cruise to Bermuda that's about $1,500 off the brochure price. The seven-nighter is $550 per person double, down from $1,785. Depart from Philly or Cape Liberty, N.J., in September or October. Taxes of about $120 are additional.
* Travelocity is shaving $100 off Royal Caribbean cruises to the Eastern and Western Caribbean and the Mexican Riviera -- and you get a free gnome statue. For example, a seven-night Mexico cruise from L.A. that stops in Cabo San Lucas, Mazatlan and Puerto Vallarta starts at $389. Book by Aug. 31; travel Nov. 27 and Dec. 11. Taxes of $42 extra. Info: 877-815-5446, www.travelocity.com.
* With Air Tahiti Nui, fly from L.A. to Papeete in September for $550 -- almost half off. The deal is good for departures on Sept. 4, 15, 22, 23, 24 and 25 and returns on any Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday or Sunday. Book by Sept. 10; complete travel by Oct. 5. Taxes of $145 are extra. Fares from LAX to Papeete are often $1,000 or so. Info: 877-824-4846, www.flyatn.com.
* Spend fall in Scotland with US Airways's sale fares to Glasgow. The $381 round-trip flight departs from Dulles or Reagan National, or pay $349 from Philly. Book by Aug. 31; travel by Oct. 20. Add about $130 in taxes. Purchase at www.usairways.com for the lowest fares. Flights to Glasgow from the East Coast are typically $100 or so more.
* Gate 1 Travel is expanding its off-season Israel packages, which can save travelers many hundreds of dollars willing to travel in the cooler seasons. Rates start at $799 per person double, such as the eight-day Tel Aviv or Jerusalem trip, which includes round-trip air from New York, six nights at a three-star property and breakfasts. Depart Tuesdays, Nov. 15-Jan. 21. During high season, the packages are nearly $600 more. Taxes of up to $250 are extra. Info: 800-682-3333, www.gate1travel.com.
* Spend a week spa-ing and golfing in Cancun for less than $100 a day, including air from Baltimore. The eLeisureLink.com deal starts at $649 per person double and includes round-trip air to Mexico, seven nights at the Hilton Cancun Beach and Golf Resort, $40 golf credit, $50 spa credit and transfers. Book by Oct. 9; travel Sept. 1-Oct. 31. About $170 in taxes is additional. By comparison, air goes for $400 and rates at start at $149 per night. Info: 888-801-8808, www.eleisurelink.com. Ask for ID 3706.
-- Andrea Sachs
Prices were verified and available on Thursday afternoon when the Travel section went to press. However, deals sell out quickly and are not guaranteed to be available. Restrictions such as day of travel, blackout dates and advance-purchase requirements sometimes apply.