An item in the What's the Deal? column in the Sept. 18 Travel section about Club ABC Tours' trip to Rome incorrectly stated that taxes and club membership fees are $189. Taxes are $189 per person, and membership fees are an extra $30 per couple or family. (Published 9/20/2005)
* Looking for a last-minute getaway at a luxury resort? The Inn at Palmetto Bluff, about 30 minutes from Savannah, Ga., is offering cottages at $275 a night through Sept. 27, a savings of $325 from regular rates. Resort fee is an extra $25 per night, and taxes are 10 percent. Info: 866-706-6565, www.palmettobluffresort.com.
* Spend Halloween at Cheeca Lodge & Spa in the Florida Keys and get four nights for the price of three. The package for two is $962, including taxes, a savings of $289. The deal includes a Halloween party on the beach. Info: 888-FOR-ROCK, www.cheeca.rockresorts.com.
* Plan a "Copper Canyon/Colonial Mexico" train journey for next year aboard the American Orient Express and save $500 per person. The price for the six-night journey, which travels round trip from El Paso, starts at $3,490 per person double after the discount and applies to trips in October and November 2006. Discounts of $300 per person are available January-March. Meals, tours and accommodations are included. Info: 800-320-4206, www.americanorientexpress.com.
* Swan Hellenic, a cruise company based in the United Kingdom, is offering nearly 50 percent reductions on its 26-day "Marine & Mayan Riches" cruise between Peru and San Francisco. The voyage aboard the Minerva II departs Callao, Peru, on Jan. 2. Fares are now $6,360 per person double for an outside cabin with balcony and include shore excursions and tips. Shorter options are also on sale: 11-day segment (Jan. 2-12) starts at $2,140 per person double, and a 15-day option (Jan. 12-26) starts at $2,927. Info: 877-800-SWAN, www.swanhellenic.com.
* RiverBarge Excursion Lines is offering deals for kids. One child aged 12 or younger staying in a parents' or grandparents' cabin is free; kids aged 17 and younger are half-price in a separate cabin. Prices vary by cruise. In October, an eight-day cruise on the Ohio River starts at $2,530 per adult. Info: 888-462-2743, www.riverbarge.com.
* Save more than 60 percent on a seven-day Mediterranean sailing of the Seabourn Legend departing Monte Carlo, Monaco Oct. 16. The ship had been privately chartered by the National D-Day Museum in New Orleans, but Hurricane Katrina forced the group to cancel and the ship to become available. Fares start at $2,495 per person double, plus $13 taxes. Cabins will be assigned at the time of sailing. Info: 800-929-9391, www.seabourn.com.
* AirTran is having a systemwide sale. For example, fly round trip from Reagan National to Kansas City, Mo., for $178, plus $32 in taxes. Book by Sept. 20 and travel Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Saturdays through Feb. 1 for the lowest fares. Holiday blackout dates and seven-day advance purchase applies. Other airlines are matching in select markets. Info: 800-AIR-TRAN, www.airtran.com.
* British Airways has sale fares to 100 cities around the globe. The cheapest fare from Washington Dulles is $449 round trip to London, including taxes (other airlines are charging about $489). Fly Monday through Wednesday Oct. 27-Dec. 15 or Dec. 24-April 3 for lowest prices. Book by Sept. 22 at www.britishairways.com; pay $20 more if booked at 800-AIRWAYS.
* Delta has introductory fares on its new service to Kahului on the island of Maui, Hawaii. Round-trip fare from Washington Dulles for travel Jan. 12-Feb. 12 is $548, plus about $74 in taxes. Travel Dec. 16-Jan. 11 is $50 more. Holiday blackouts apply. Other airlines are matching. Purchase by Sept. 23 at www.delta.com or pay $10 more if booked at 800-221-1212.
* A four-night package in Rome, with round-trip airfare from Washington Dulles, accommodations at the four-star Grand Hotel Beverly Hills, breakfasts and transfers, is $598 per person double. Club ABC Tours is offering the special for Nov. 30 and Dec. 7 departures. Taxes and club membership fees are an extra $189. The hotel typically costs about $208 a night, and air is about $569. Info: 973-338-8687, www.clubabc.com.
-- Carol Sottili
Prices were verified and available on Thursday afternoon when the Travel section went to press. However, deals sell out quickly and are not guaranteed to be available. Restrictions such as day of travel, blackout dates and advance-purchase requirements sometimes apply.