Drop that towel. Guests who covet the linens, clocks and other items at certain hotels can now buy them. Whether caused by demand or too many missing items, hotels are selling their furnishings online, by phone or through catalogues. Properties from major chains to small boutiques are hawking mattresses, tea sets, shower rods, even a four-poster dog bed. Below are some objects that will let you makeover your bedroom into a hotel guest room -- housekeeping not included. (Prices don't include shipping.) -- Andrea Sachs
1. Tuck into the W Hotels' pure cotton percale sheets, a 300-thread-count Egyptian cotton duvet cover from the Waldorf-Astoria and a lipstick-red Sofitel pillow.
Info: W sheets, from $66, 800-453-6548, www.whotelsthestore.com. Waldorf duvet cover, from $250, 800-274-1006, www.waldorfastoria.com. Pillow, $85, 800-284-8060, www.soboutique-hotelsathome.com/en.
2. The Hilton uber-clock does more than just wake you -- it also lets you preset your favorite radio stations and hook up your MP3 or CD player. Plus it automatically adjusts to daylight savings time and takes up little room on your nightstand.
Info: $60, 877-HILTON, www.hilton-hotelsathome.com.
3. The Waldorf-Astoria's silver amenity tray is too elegant to be covered with loose change. Instead, use it as a mirror to reflect the warm glow of a Ritz-Carlton (blue) or Sofitel (red) candle.
Info: Tray, $375, 800-274-1006, www.waldorfcollection-hotelsathome.com/home.html. Sofitel candle, $6.25-$25, 800-284-8060, www.soboutique-hotelsathome.com/en. Ritz candle, $15, 800-222-6527, www.ritzcarltonshops.com.
4. Follow the example of Ginger Rogers and Lana Turner and live it up a la "Weekend at the Waldorf," a video sold through its namesake. Or mellow out with the "Groove Chill" CD compiled by the St. Regis Resort, Monarch Beach in Dana Point, Calif. The final hotel touch: A bar of dark chocolate on your pillow, courtesy of Shutters in Santa Monica, Calif.
Info: Video, $22, 800-274-1006, www.waldorfcollection-hotelsathome.com/home.html. CD, $27, 949-234-3200. Chocolate, $54 for six bars, 888-334-9110, www.shuttersbeachstyle.com.
5. The W Hotels' sculptural scale -- high-polished chrome with molten feet imprints -- will distract you from the creeping needle.
Info: $68, 800-453-6548, www.whotelsthestore.com.
Pictured on Page P1: Dry off with Historic Hotels of America's Grand Hotel (Michigan) embroidered towel. For post-shower, try the marshmallow-soft Ritz-Carlton robe, and slip into slippers from the Phoenician in Scottsdale, Ariz.
Info: Towel, $48, 800-311-0518, http://historichotels.hotelsathome.com/home.html; robe, $120, 800-222-6527, www.ritzcarltonshops.com; slippers, $12, email@example.com.