* Intrawest is offering discounts of up to 35 percent on ski vacations in Stratton, Vt.; Tremblant, Quebec; and Whistler Blackcomb, B.C. For example, a two-night midweek stay Jan. 1-March 27 at Stratton Mountain Inn with two days of lift tickets is $288 per person double, plus $41 in taxes (usual price is $430). Also, stay at two of the resorts Nov. 23-April 1 and get a $50 gift certificate; stay at all three and receive a $150 gift certificate. Book by Oct. 31 at 888-800-6660, www.intrawest.com/ski.
* Six Small Luxury Hotels of the World properties in Mexico are offering free nights. For example, through Dec. 30, pay for three nights at the Hacienda de los Santos Report in Alamos, Sonora, and the fourth night is free; total price after discount is $675 per room for one or two people, plus 17 percent tax. Promotion dates vary by property. Info: 800-525-4800, www.slh.com/mexicofreenights.
* Show one of your children's current report cards and get a free night at La Tourelle Resort & Spa in Ithaca, N.Y. The pay-for-one-night/get-one-night-free deal is good most Sundays through Thursdays Oct. 15-March 31; room rates start at $135, plus 13 percent tax. Info: 607-273-2734, www.latourelle.com.
* Book a 2006 cruise on Peter Deilmann Cruises's MS Deutschland and get a 10 percent discount, free air from Dulles, transfers and 50 percent reductions on shore excursions. For example, a 12-night cruise of the Baltics departing June 28 is reduced from $4,566 to $4,110 per person double, plus $125 in port charges; airfare is provided to Hamburg, Germany (airfare, priced separately, is about $1,100). Info: 800-348-8287, www.deilmann-cruises.com.
* With Victoria Cruises, a four-night cruise on China's Yangtze River from Yichang to Chongqing has been discounted from $820 to $450 per person double. Deal is good for departures December through mid-March. Info: 800-348-8084, www.victoriacruises.com.
* American West Steamboat Company is discounting its spring 2006 Pacific Northwest cruises. For example, a seven-night "Wine & Food of the Pacific Northwest" cruise departing Portland, Ore., March 26 and April 3 is reduced by $400 and now starts at $2,279 per person double; port charges are $134 extra. Plus, on the March 26 departure, get free airfare, worth about $600 for two. Book by Jan. 31 at 800-434-1232, www.americanweststeamboat.com.
* Fly Air New Zealand from Los Angeles to Sydney for $1,005, plus $121 in taxes. Travel through Dec. 8, or from Feb. 1-April 30; book by tomorrow at www.airnewzealand.com. Free stopover is allowed in Auckland, New Zealand. Combined with current D.C.-to-L.A. sale fares of about $200 round trip, the trip is about $275 cheaper than if booked from Washington.
* ATA (www.ata.com) has Web sale fares to Honolulu, but act fast: The booking deadline is today. The round-trip fare from Reagan National is $498, plus about $70 in taxes; usual fare is about $676. Travel by Dec. 14. Ten-day advance purchase required; holiday blackouts.
* Central Holidays (800-935-5000, www.centralholidays.com) is offering package deals with a free hotel night to locations throughout Europe for Monday-Thursday departures Nov. 1 to March 31. For example, a trip to Florence is priced at $558 per person double plus $255 taxes, including air from Dulles, four nights' hotel and transfers. Priced separately, the deal would cost about $927 per person.
* Overseas Adventure Travel's "The Eternal Nile" package has been discounted by $600 per couple on the Dec. 13, 23 and 30 departures. Price -- which includes airfare from Dulles; nine nights' lodging in Cairo, Luxor and Aswan; internal flights; four nights cruising the Nile River; 32 meals; and 17 sightseeing tours -- is $2,395 per person double. Book by Oct. 15. 800-248-3737, www.oattravel.com.
-- Carol Sottili
Prices were verified and available on Thursday afternoon when the Travel section went to press. However, deals sell out quickly and are not guaranteed to be available. Restrictions such as day of travel, blackout dates and advance-purchase requirements sometimes apply.