Because of incorrect information provided by the tour operator, the cost of a Monograms tour of Italy was incorrect in the What's the Deal? column in the Oct. 16 Travel section. The correct price is $2,672 per person, based on double occupancy. (Published 10/21/2005)
* Boston's Colonnade Hotel has a "Family Connection" package with two connecting rooms for $349 a night; usual rate is $259 per room. The deal, which includes up to four tickets to the Boston Duck Tour, Children's Museum or the New England Aquarium, is available Nov. 15-March 31; taxes are 12.45 percent. Info: 800-962-3030, www.colonnadehotel.com.
* Twenty-one hotels in Monterey County, Calif., have discounted rooms Nov. 1-Dec. 31 as part of a "Holiday Bounty" promotion. For example, rates at the Sandpiper Inn by the Sea in Carmel start at $100 a night; usual rate is $129. Taxes range from 10 to 12 percent; resort fees vary. Participants also get a coupon book with discounts at more than 50 restaurants, wineries, attractions and shops. Info: 888-221- 1010, www.holidaybounty.com.
* The Cambridge Beaches resort in Bermuda is discounting holiday stays. From Dec. 23 to Jan. 4, book four nights and get a fifth night free, or book seven nights and get two more free. Rates start at $345 a night double with meals. Taxes and surcharges are an extra 11.25 percent. Info: 800-468-7300, www.cambridgebeaches.com.
* The 48-passenger Eclipse has a two-for-one deal on its seven-night Galapagos Island expedition for Saturday departures Nov. 19-Dec. 10. Book one regular fare in a deluxe cabin for $3,100 and the second person in the same cabin is free. Price includes shore excursions and port charges. Info: 877-262-3496, www.oceanadventures.com.ec.
* CruisesOnly is discounting a 10-night Eastern Caribbean cruise on the Norwegian Dawn departing New York on March 16. An oceanview cabin starts at $1,056 per person double, including port charges and fees (cruise line price starts at about $1,146). Also, each cabin receives a $150 shipboard credit and a digital camera. Book by Oct. 31 at 800-CRUISES, www.cruisesonly.com.
* Clipper Cruise Line has discounts for singles aboard its four ships on many itineraries in 2005 and 2006. For example, a seven-night "Exploring the Antebellum South Along the Intracoastal Waterway" cruise between Jacksonville, Fla., and Charleston, S.C., starts at $2,120 per person single; brochure rate is $3,500. Double rates are also discounted; the Intracoastal Waterway cruise is $1,870 per person double, a $1,000 savings per couple on 2006 rates. Info: 800-325-0010, www.clippercruise.com.
* Singapore Airlines is offering 50 percent off a companion ticket in executive economy class (with 22 percent more legroom) from Newark to destinations across Asia. Price for two to Singapore, for example, is $2,086, plus $346 in taxes, a savings of about $556. Buy by Oct. 31; complete travel by Nov. 30. Info: 800-742-3333, www.singaporeair.com.
* Northwest has sale fares to many Midwest cities. For example, fly round trip from Reagan National to Milwaukee for $158, plus $19 in taxes. Fare on other airlines is about $221. Ten-day advance purchase required; buy by Tuesday. Applies to Tuesday, Wednesday and Saturday travel through Feb. 1; blackouts apply. Buy at www.nwa.com or pay $5 more at 800-225-2525.
* Book a Globus or Monograms vacation to Italy by Nov. 30 for travel March 1-May 31 and get a $300 discount per couple. It's being offered on 16 tours. For example, a nine-night Monograms tour of Rome, Florence and Venice, including air from D.C., lodging in first-class hotels, rail transport between cities and several sightseeing tours starts at $1,104 per person double after the discount; taxes are another $90 and the fuel surcharge is up to $125. Info: 866-313-2855, www.globusjourneys.com.
* Azores Express is offering a package deal from Boston to the Azores, a chain of nine islands about 930 miles off the coast of Lisbon in the mid-Atlantic. For $609 per person double, for example, get round-trip air, six nights at the Terra Nostra Hotel in the resort town of Furnas and breakfasts. Taxes are an extra $120. Priced separately, the deal would be about $175 more per couple. Lowest prices apply to non-holiday Tuesday departures through April 18. Info: 800-762-9995, www.azores-express.com.
-- Carol Sottili
Prices were verified and available on Thursday afternoon when the Travel section went to press. However, deals sell out quickly and are not guaranteed to be available. Restrictions such as day of travel, blackout dates and advance-purchase requirements sometimes apply.