* Music and Markets, a Reston tour operator that specializes in music-oriented trips to Europe, has $450 per person discounts on its New Year's trip to the Umbria Winter Jazz Festival in Italy. The Dec. 28-Jan. 4 trip -- which includes seven nights' lodging in Florence and Orvieto, most meals, concerts and ground transport -- is now $2,649 per person double, plus airfare. Book by Nov. 1 at 877-260-6383, www.musicetc.us.
* Beaver Creek Resort in Colorado, which has already received nearly 11/2 feet of snow, has a discounted early-season package that includes four nights in a superior room at the Pines Lodge and lift tickets for two. The deal, good Dec. 1-11, starts at $235 per night, plus about $26 in taxes -- a savings of about $288 per couple. Info: 866-605-ROCK, www.rockresorts.com.
* Le Meridien Khao Lak Beach & Spa Resort in Thailand is celebrating its reopening with special rates. The resort, which closed in December after the tsunami, is $75 per night, plus 17.7 percent in taxes. Deal is good through Dec. 22; usual rate starts at $140. Info: 800-543-4300, www.lemeridien.com.
* A deal from France Vacations that includes a six-night Seine River cruise on the Esprit d'Europe, five nights at the three-star Duquesne Eiffel in Paris, round-trip air from D.C. and transfers is $2,499 per person double for the April 12, 19 and 26 departures. Taxes are about $199 extra. Priced separately, the vacation would cost about $3,063. To book, call 800-332-5332, or go to www.francevacations.net for more info.
* Radisson Seven Seas Cruises is offering two-for-one savings on several sailings this fall. For example, an eight-night transatlantic voyage departing Madeira, Portugal, on Nov. 13 for Fort Lauderdale, Fla., starts at $2,148 per person double. Add $240 in taxes/port charges and a $2.85 per day fuel surcharge. Info: 800-285-1835, www.rssc.com.
* Delta Queen has revised the schedules of its three Mississippi River steamboats in the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina. The line has extended advance-purchase discounts of up to 35 percent and will also offer its 2006 cruises at 2005 prices. For example, the Mississippi Queen's May 6 cruise from Baton Rouge, La., is $2,299 per person double, a savings of $921. Book by Dec. 31. Info: 800-543-1949, www.deltaqueen.com.
* Fly Continental to Beijing for $888 round trip, plus $74 in taxes. The sale applies to travel from BWI, Dulles or Reagan National departing Dec. 1-31, returning by Jan. 31. Buy by Nov. 7; Saturday night stay required. Other airlines are matching. Info: 800-231-0856, www.continental.com.
* New air carrier MaxJet has discount business-class-only service from New York's JFK to London's Stansted beginning Nov. 1. Round-trip fare is $1,558, plus $134 in taxes. Other airlines are charging at least $2,382 round trip. The airline plans to begin service out of Dulles in December. Info: 888-I-FLY-MAX, www. maxjet.com.
* 2Afrika, a tour operator that specializes in African safaris, is waiving single supplements on several itineraries. For example, the "Lions Share" safari, with round-trip air from D.C. and six nights at four lodges in Kenya, starts at $2,715 per person single or double (singles usually pay $600 more) for departures April 1-May 31; departures June 1-24 are slightly higher. Taxes are about $295 extra. Info: 866-GO-2-AFRIKA, www.2afrika.com.
* Spend four nights in Taormina, Sicily, starting at $675 per person double, plus $240 in taxes and fuel surcharge. Tourcrafters has the "Sunny Break" package for travel Nov. 6-Dec. 15 and Jan. 6-March 15. It includes round-trip air on Alitalia from Dulles to Catania, Sicily, and lodging with breakfast at the Bay Palace Hotel. Priced separately, air alone is about $775 in November. Info: 800-482-5995, www.tourcrafters.com.
-- Carol Sottili
Prices were verified and available on Thursday afternoon when the Travel section went to press. However, deals sell out quickly and are not guaranteed to be available. Restrictions such as day of travel, blackout dates and advance-purchase requirements sometimes apply.