Additional works by Gregg LeFevre may be seen in Boston, Dallas, Denver, Iowa City, Los Angeles, Miami, Norfolk, Salt Lake City, Seattle and Richmond. Current projects include the Alabama Archives Map in Montgomery, and the New Jersey Walk of Fame in Newark. Also of note is a terrazzo floor in Las Vegas's airport, modeled after a flight map of the region, and three projects in the Chicago area, including a jazz, blues, gospel and general history of the South Side.
Additional LeFevre installations in New York City include:
* Union Square: A timeline of 20 panels depicting historical events in the square.
* 101 Park Ave.: 20 architectural portraits of famous NYC skyscrapers.
* Foley Square: A series of medallions portraying historical events at the square.
* Herald Square: Owl gatepost sculptures based on the New York Herald masthead.
* Greeley Square: Eagle gatepost sculptures based on the New York Tribune masthead;
* Brooklyn Promenade: Panels depict the New York skyline at different points in history.
* Flushing Bay Promenade: Carved animal and plant alphabet set in railing posts.
* PS 110 in the Bronx: A history map of the Bronx.
For more information and a guide to additional LeFevre works, go to www.lefevrestudios.com.
-- Mija Riedel