* Rail Europe has a two-day France Railpass for a limited time. The pass, which is $99 for a second-class ticket, must be used within a one-month time period through Jan. 31; buy by Dec. 5. Previously, the cheapest France Railpass was a four-day $229 pass. Info: 888-382-7245, www.raileurope.com/franceontrack.
* Book at least three nights at a participating San Diego hotel at www.travelocity.com/sandiego and receive two free tickets to one of 13 area attractions and activities. Choices include tickets to the Old Town Trolley Tour, worth $56 for two, or the Triple Espresso comedy show, worth at least $69 for two. Rates at the 15 participating hotels vary. Book by Dec. 30; complete travel by Jan. 31.
* Skiing in Utah this winter? Fly into Salt Lake City and get a free same-day lift ticket at a Park City resort. Lift ticket is good at the Canyons, Park City Mountain or Deer Valley; a full-day ticket at Deer Valley, for example, is worth $74. To qualify, present boarding pass at the resort ticket window with an out-of-state ID and a redemption voucher, available at www.parkcityinfo.com. The first flight from D.C. arrives in Salt Lake at about 10 a.m., and Park City is about 45 minutes away.
* Spend Thanksgiving aboard a houseboat on Nevada's Lake Mead with a deal from Forever Houseboats. Get 41/2 days for the price of three, plus a free turkey dinner for up to 10 people. The package from Callville Bay Marina, about 45 minutes from Las Vegas, starts at $2,195 for a 59-foot boat that sleeps up to 12 (usual price is $3,045). Taxes are 7.75 percent extra. Depart Nov. 23 and return Nov. 27. Info: 800-255-5561, www.foreverhouseboats.com.
* Holland America has discounts of $150 per person on seven-night sailings of the Oosterdam from San Diego to Mexico's Pacific coast. An inside cabin starts at $599 per person double plus $58 taxes on the Jan. 7, 14 and 21 sailings. Call 877-SAIL-HAL. Info: www.hollandamerica.com.
* Get two-for-one deals on select departures of Viking River Cruises along the Danube, Rhine and Moselle rivers in Austria and Germany. For example, the "Heart of Germany" cruise, seven nights from Frankfurt, starts at $792 per person double for the Nov. 6 and 20 departures. Call 877-66-VIKING by Nov. 10 and request offer 37Press. Info: www.vikingrivercruises.com.
* American Airlines is holding a fall and winter sale to destinations across the continental United States. For example, the round-trip fare from Dulles to Albuquerque is $198 plus about $30 taxes. The usual fare is about $384, although other airlines are matching during the sale travel period, through Feb. 3. Blackouts apply; buy 14 days in advance. Travel Tuesday, Wednesday and Saturday and buy by Oct. 31 at www.aa.com for cheapest fares; pay $10 more through 800-433-7300.
* Southwest has launched a systemwide sale for travel through Feb. 3. Fares range from $39 to $109 each way. For example, fly round trip from BWI to Providence for $97 including taxes. Buy 14 days in advance by Oct. 31 at www.southwest.com, and complete travel by Feb. 3. Cheapest fares available for Tuesday, Wednesday and Saturday travel.
* Celebrate the Year of the Dog with a Chinese New Year package to Hong Kong. Pacific Delight World Tours has a deal starting at $1,198 per person double (plus $225 taxes) that includes air from D.C., six nights' lodging, VIP bleacher seats for the New Year's Day parade, five breakfasts, half-day city tour, museum pass, transfers and guide. Priced separately, air and hotel alone would cost the same amount. Departures scheduled for Jan. 25, 26 and 27. Info: 800-221-7179, www.pacificdelighttours.com.
* Spend a couple of nights in Reykjavik, Iceland, for less than the price of airfare with a deal from Icelandair Holidays. The airline has a "Midweek Getaway," good Nov. 6-12, Jan 8-Feb. 26 and March 5-27, that includes air from BWI (departing Sunday or Monday) and two nights' lodging starting at $395 per person plus $86 tax; airfare alone in November is $495. Info: 800-779-2899, www.icelandairholidays.com.
-- Carol Sottili
Prices were verified and available on Thursday afternoon when the Travel section went to press. However, deals sell out quickly and are not guaranteed to be available. Restrictions such as day of travel, blackout dates and advance-purchase requirements sometimes apply.