* Quail Lodge and its sister property Bernardus Lodge, both in California's Carmel Valley, have a "Golf & Spa Escape" package for two that includes lodging and either a round of golf or a 50-minute spa treatment. Price is $325 at Quail Lodge and $395 at Bernardus Lodge for Sunday-Thursday stays through Dec. 29. Taxes are 10.5 percent; resort fee is $20 per night. Priced separately, room at Quail Lodge, for example, is $225, spa treatments start at $110 each and greens fees are $125 per person. Reserve at 877-888-6668. Info: www.quaillodge.com, www.bernardus.com.
* Relatives coming to visit? The Fairfax County Convention & Visitors Corp. has teamed with Independence Air and 36 area hotels to offer a "Special FX for the Holidays" package that includes a free night stay with the purchase of two nights and $20 airfare discount. For example, Westfields Marriott's rate is $238 for three nights, plus 9 percent tax; usual rate is $159 a night. Deal is good Nov. 1-Jan. 2; blackout dates may apply. Info: 703-790-0643, www.fxva.com/fxva/promotion.html.
* Stay at Spring Creek Ranch in Jackson, Wyo., and receive free ski lift tickets to Jackson Hole Mountain Resort or Grand Targhee. Deal is good from ski opening dates (Grand Targhee is scheduled to open Nov. 18) through Dec. 18. Nightly rate with breakfast starts at $150 for two, plus 6 percent tax. Lift tickets are worth at least $100 per day. Book at 800-443-6139. Info: www.springcreekranch.com.
* Grand Circle Travel, which caters to travelers age 50 and over, is discounting several European river cruises by up to $400 per couple. The "Christmastime in the South of France" itinerary, departing Dec. 9 and 12, starts at $1,195 per person double -- including round-trip air from D.C. to Lyon, France; a seven-night cruise on the Rhone; transfers; and sightseeing tours. Port charges are an extra $65, and air taxes and fuel surcharges are $225. Book at least 14 days in advance. Info: 800-248-3737, www.gct.com.
* The fare for an 11-night cruise from Panama City, Panama, on American Canadian Caribbean Line's 100-passenger Grande Mariner has been reduced by 30 percent. The Dec. 28 cruise starts at $2,076 per person double, plus $250 in port charges. Info: 800-556-7450, www.accl-smallships.com.
* Book a seven-night Galapagos cruise on Lindblad Expeditions' M/S Polaris through Expedition Trips (877-412-8527, www.expeditiontrips.com) and get $1,000 off per person. Price on the Nov. 25 cruise starts at $3,680 per person double.
* Fly business-class on Northwest to cities across Europe over the Thanksgiving holiday at discount fares. For example, the round-trip fare from Dulles to Amsterdam is $1,010 (plus about $84 in taxes); fare on other airlines is $6,782. Depart Nov. 19-24 and return Nov. 25-29; buy by Nov. 9 at www.nwa.com or pay $10 more at 800-447-4747.
* Cathay Pacific's Deal of the Month is a $223 round-trip fare from New York to Vancouver, B.C., good for travel Monday-Thursday through Nov. 30. Taxes are $54 extra. Fares on other airlines start at $407 from New York, $452 from Washington. Book at www.cathay-usa.com/dotm.
* Go-today.com has a sale on its superior-class vacations to London. Price is $599 per person double, plus $245 taxes and fuel surcharges, for round-trip air from D.C., six nights at the Harrington Hall Hotel, transfers, sightseeing tour and continental breakfasts. Travel Nov. 1-Dec. 14 and Jan. 3-March 11; purchase by Nov. 8. Priced separately, package would cost about $1,115. Info: 800-227-3235, www.go-today.com.
* Spend six nights in the South Pacific for $1,895 per person double. The "Naughty Weekend" package from Air Tahiti Nui includes nonstop round-trip air from New York to Papeete, Tahiti; round-trip air between Papeete and Bora Bora; one night at the Radisson Plaza Resort Tahiti; five nights at the Novotel Bora Bora Beach Resort; breakfasts; transfers; and taxes. The deal is good for Monday and Thursday departures through Dec. 12, and Jan. 12-March 30. Priced separately, the vacation would cost about $300 more. Info: 866-456-6000, www.airtahitinui-usa.com.
-- Carol Sottili
Prices were verified and available on Thursday afternoon when the Travel section went to press. However, deals sell out quickly and are not guaranteed to be available. Restrictions such as day of travel, blackout dates and advance-purchase requirements sometimes apply.