Many returning shows for children will be feature new fare. Among the offerings:
* "Phil of the Future" which has been airing on the Disney Channel, joins ABC on Saturday, Sept. 25. WJLA will carry "Phil" on Saturdays at 8 a.m.
DISCOVERY KIDS ON NBC
* Discovery Kids on NBC has launched its Saturday morning block this month featuring new seasons for its shows. WRC will air "Kenny the Shark" at 10:30; "Tutenstein" at 11; "Trading Spaces: Boys vs. Girls," at 11:30; "Endurance: Hawaii" at noon; and "Strange Days at Blake Holsey High" at 12:30 p.m.
On Saturday, Oct. 2, "It's Academic" will begin its 44th season at 10 a.m. on WRC. Mac McGarry will host 81 schools from the District, Maryland and Virginia. "Darcy's Wild Life will join the schedule at 1 p.m.
* "Koala Brothers" features new daily at 7 a.m., and weekdays at noon, on the Disney Channel.
* The new lineup begins on Saturday, Sept. 18, from 8 a.m. to noon with new episodes of all returning shows, including "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles," "Shaman King," "Sonic X," "Kirby: Right Back at Ya!" and "Incredible Crash Dummies."
* Monday, Sept. 6: "Oobi" launches its second season with new shows weekdays at 11:30 a.m.
* Monday, Sept. 20: "Connie the Cow" launches its second season of 17 new shows weekdays at 8:30 a.m.
* "Puppy Palooza," a two- hour marathon of "Clifford's Puppy Days" with three repeat episodes leading to a new one, will air on Sunday, Sept. 5, and Monday, Sept. 6, from 6 to 8 a.m. on WETA, and on Monday from 7 to 9 a.m. on MPT.
* This week, "Barney & Friends" launches 10 new episodes at 10 a.m. on WETA, and 11:30 a.m. on MPT; "Berenstain Bears" starts five new episodes at 8 a.m. on WETA, and at 10 a.m. on MPT; "George Shrinks, five new episodes at 9:30 a.m. on WETA, and 10:30 a.m. on MPT; and Teletubbies," five new shows at 11 a.m. on MPT. The shows begin on Monday on MPT and on Tuesday on WETA.
* "Cyberchase" launches its financial literacy campaign on Thursday, Oct. 7 and 14, at 5 p.m. on WETA.