Programs and resource information on fitness for pregnant women, breast-feeding, midwifery and birthing centers: Exercise
* Mothers on the Move, exercise classes at 3520 Connecticut Ave. NW. 966-4303.
* Mama Take Shape, Alexandria Hospital's prenatal and postnatal exercise classes, 4320 Seminary Rd., Alexandria. 379-3494.
* Fitness Studio, prenatal and postnatal classes, 4900 Massachusetts Ave. NW. 244-9222.
* YMCA offers prenatal and postnatal exercise classes at various locations. 862-9622.
* YWCA offers classes at various locations. 638-2100, ext. 44. Publications:
* "The Complete Pregancy Exercise Program" by Diana Simkin (Plume, New American Library, $5.95).
* "Essential Exercises for the Childbearing Years" by Elizabeth Noble (Houghton Mifflin Co., $7.70).
* "Jane Fonda's Workout Book for Pregnancy, Birth and Recovery," by Fenny DeLyser (Simon & Schuster, $18.95).
* "Swimming Through Your Pregnancy" by Jane Katz (Doubleday, $10.95). Breast-Feeding
* Class for employed, breast-feeding mothers, taught by Sharla Courtell of Annandale, 354-7088.
* Georgetown University Hospital's Community Human Milk Bank and National Capital Lactation Center. Staff members will answer questions by phone on the proper way to use pumps and to hand-express milk. 625-6455.
* Holy Cross Hospital of Silver Spring nursery staff will take calls any time to assist breast-feeding mothers. 565-1231.
* Alexandria Hospital offers a telephone service called "Matters on Maternity," 379-3636, or toll-free from Prince William County, 221-2662. From 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., Monday through Friday, a nurse answers questions on pregnancy, childbirth and parenting. Publications:
* "Practical Hints for Working and Breast-Feeding," 50 cents, La Leche League International, 9616 Minneapolis Ave., P.O. Box 1209, Franklin Park, Ill. 60131-8209. Also from La Leche League: "Of Cradles & Careers: A Guide to Reshaping Your Job to Include a Baby in Your Life" by Kaye Lowman, $11.95; and "The Womanly Art of Breastfeeding," $7.95. Midwifery and Home Birth
* Family Birth Associates, 3315 Duke St., Alexandria, Va. 22314. 751-4300. Provides prenatal care, home birth, postpartum care, family planning, and gynecological services.
* Maternity Center Associates, 6506 Bells Mill Rd., Bethesda, Md. 20817. 530-3300. Provides prenatal care, home and birthing center births, postpartum care, family planning and gynecological services.
* Womancare, 8615 Cedar St., Silver Spring, Md. 20910. 589-1400. Provides prenatal care, home births, postpartum care, family planning and gynecological services.